Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel
$103
$55
Courtyard
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Moscow Suschevsky(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$39
Milan Hotel(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$52
$50
$330
$322
  • Pool
1,605 results
All reviewskremlin viewred squarebreakfast roomperfect locationstudio roomst basil's cathedralconcierge deskfour seasonshigh ceilingsthe ritz carltonold stylehistorical buildinglobby barbolshoi theatremetro stationvisit moscowtverskaya street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2012

How could we fault a hotel with a view like the one from the hotel National? The Kremlin, Red Square are all just across the street!
We arrived very early after travelling from St Petersburg on the overnight sleeper train and although there were no rooms available the reception offered to take our mobile number and call us as soon as it became available.
Our standard room was a good size, with a huge comfortable bed and separate lobby area. As mentioned in previous reviews storage is not great although the small wardrobe was Ok for our 3 night stay.It was also very quiet considering a main 6 lane road was outside!.
Our room was on the fifth floor near to the swimming pool and spa area, this is a real bonus to relax after a long day walking around the sights of Moscow, especially as it is open until 10pm.
Our rate did not include breakfast and the cost of room service or to purchase independently was very expensive but as there are so many restaurants and coffee shop nearby this was not a problem.
The concierge team are excellent with many helpful tips on how to organise your stay and where to eat etc.
We had a great stay and it was a wonderful place to base yourself in central moscow, close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena B, Sales & Marketing Team at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you have taken some time to share your impression about the hotel with us. It’s a great pleasure to learn that you found Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel a nice place to stay in.

Also we are glad to know that you have been delighted with our location. National is indeed in the direct vicinity to all major sights and shopping areas of Moscow center.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Sales & Marketing Team

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was there for 4 nights in February for work. The staff barely speak English so it was very hard communicating with them.

The room: it was like stepping into a very old 18th century house with 'period' furniture, but it just looked bad rather than interesting. I couldn't control the air con so I was freezing cold even though I tried to put the heating on. The bathroom had one incredibly huge shower (you could fit a double bed in it, that's how big it was) so standing there naked while you wash was not nice as you felt cold. They do give you free bottles of water because you mustn't drink tap water. The whole concept was odd.

The public spaces: bizarre. It was like walking through a Victorian England house, way overdone and more about the looks than functionality. The bar had printed pictures stuck under the glass on every table, like it was 1982. Also, they play cheap band covers of famous songs (they are covers of Abba, Britney Spears, etc.... it was just cringeworthy).

The food: TE-RRI-BLE. I had the buffet breakfast every morning and the choice was poor, the atmosphere was way too stuffy, the eggs were really watery and the fruit tasted VERY strange and it was NOT fresh. At all. It was refrigerated for a couple of days clearly. I ordered different items from the room service every night and they were all really weird - what they do is they create their own dishes and give them normal names. You can't call something a Caesar Salad if it's creamed lettuce only. That's just an example, but everything was really really weird tasting, worse looking and not at all what you would expect. For my final meal I went to their main restaurant and they gave me the fattiest, greasiest steak I've ever had in my life. I always love steak and would never not eat one, but I actually had to leave it because it was more fat than meat (you couldn't cut around it) and all I ended up having was bread & butter.

The location: opposite the Kremlin and the Museum of Natural History. It's great to visit the Red Square, etc. and there's a tube stop in the corner.

Overall: run away and stay elsewhere - for the money you pay, you know you deserve more.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay in a room in the front so you can see the Kremlin - otherwise, you'll face another building. An even better tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jonathan A
Elena B, Sales and Marketing Team at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Please be assured, we do value all guest comments and we have reviewed the issues raised with our Food and Beverage Director.

Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction of food and service during your stay with us. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Dear Jonathan, we trust that this one time situation would not tarnish your opinion of our hotel as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.
Warm regards,
Sales & Marketing Team

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Yesterday, I was at this hotel, and have meeting with my friend in lobby-bar. We asked for LongIsland coctail - they bring it to us with unwashed lemons with adhesive labels!
They responded to our claim only for the third time. As compensation they brought to us a terrible cake, except that margarine - there was nothing. By the way, cocktail is cost 780 rubles (about 20 euros!), when the average cost of such coctail in Moscow - 350 rubles (8-9 euros)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Aleksandra Y
Natalia B, F&B Director at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with the Tripadvisor community.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you at the Alexandrovsky Bar.
We always do our best to provide an excellent service to all of our guests, so thank you for turning our attention to this problem. We were unpleasantly surprised that this might happen at all and we will definitely deliver the training for our bar stuff in order to prevent our guests from being similarly inconvenienced in the future.
We are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and can only hope that in time, you may reconsider your position and choose our bar for the meeting again.

Best regards,
Nadezhda Panicheva
F&B Director

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Watching the Kremlin from your breakfast table is a great experience!
Good size room, nice and friendly staff and fantastic breakfast buffet! I didn’t have the chance to have dinner at the hotel so I can’t judge.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Fabulous amazing hotel near the red square. Very romantic for the breakfast with an unique view on Kremlin. A little expensive but Moscow is the most expensive city in world. I recommend these hotel for people who stay like me for a short time. Thanks a lot for all.

• Stayed: March 2012