“Classic Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 310 Hotels in Moscow
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Classic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a classic and beautiful old hotel that has been very well maintained. It's my favorite place to stay in Moscow. It's close to the Bolshoi Ballet, Red Square, The Kremlin and shopping at the Gum. I highly recommend the Metropol.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ALL_AMERICAN_NOMAD
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for rating us with five stars. I'm happy to know that our beautiful Hotel is you favorite place to stay in Moscow and you appreciate a lot it's great location near Bolshoi theater, Red Square and Gum.
I truly hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back to the Metropol very soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The reception of the hotel were very helpful and great with all amenities. Our stay was excellent to say the least. Very helpful and friendly staff although most did not master the English language. They were very quick to get someone who assist in English. Helpful in so many ways. never complained about sending back drinks if we did not truly understood what we ordered. The hotel has the most exquisite hot chocolate I have ever tasted in my life served on a silver platter in two cups with a small kettle of hot water should you wish to add more hot water/milk or chocolate. It was my birthday and I was spoiled with a birthday cake. Could share it with my friends = Thank you Metropol, Moscow, Russia

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Johanna C
Dear Mrs. Johanna,

Thank you very much for your warm review and for rating us with five stars! Thank you also for choosing our Hotel for such an important occasion as your birthday, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the birthday cake. It was a great pleasure for me to know that your stay at the Metropol was excellent! I appreciate your compliments regarding our very helpful and friendly staff, it will be my pleasure to share it with my colleagues.

Montreux, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

good breakfast, there is a wonderful music involvement
not really perfect design in the hotel rooms but could be nice for foreigners to experience
suit room is much better than the standard and much more spacious
welcoming staff
perfect location

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank miroshnichenko_e
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your comments online. I greatly appreciate your kind review and will not fail to share it with our team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Every time I go back to Moscow my choice is this hotel: perfect position in the city center, amazing interiors, and warm service - a real rarity in the whole Russia -. Both the hall and the rooms make me feel like jumping back to the early 20th century, and even if the standard of the whole hotel is highly elegant, the staff could make me feel comfortable. I was very pleased to see that the guest relations Anastasiya was still in charge, as if she was gentle and helpful just as I remembered - and yes, beautiful -. Hope to have a chance to be back in Metropol asap.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ilias C
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Ilias,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and for your wonderful compliments.
Thank you also for coming to visit us so often, I truly appreciate your outstanding loyalty. I'm extremely pleased that you still enjoy your time with us and have such a pleasant comments about our staff. it is always enjoyable when our guests recognize our efforts, thank you!
I hope that we can give you that warm welcome again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I love this hotel. The rooms are old fashioned in an old European way, very high ceilings, slightly frayed looking, and the halls are long and kind of creepy (The Shining) and the windows are really, REALLY dirty on the outside (I had a balcony but the doors and balcony were so thick with dust that I couldn't open it without getting dirty myself) The lighting in the bathrooms could be improved.
BUT, everything else is great. The beds are comfortable and the sheets are really good. The service is super fast (almost instant room service, 24 hour), and very friendly. EVERYBODY is nice and cheerful (not overly so).
SUPER FAST , FREE internet service.
The rooms are quiet.
Lots of towels.
The restaurant is superb and my only complaint is that it wasn't open every day.
The vast, delicious breakfast buffet (included in the price of our room) is served in a gorgeous room with a domed stained glass ceiling.
This place is obviously very well run.
It couldn't be any more comfortable and you really feel like you've really gone somewhere unlike in other characterless international chains.
I highly recommend this place. And it's feet from Red Square and a metro stop.

Room Tip: ask for a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HGPV
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate your kind review and will not fail to share them with all our staff members. I am nevertheless very sorry for the inconvenience with dirty windows at your balcony. Please be assured that all possible action will be taken to prevent such an unpleasant situation.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Metropol Hotel Moscow!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

beautiful hotel right on the doorstep of red square and view to match. staff extremely helpful, friendly and all speaking perfect English. Room was very luxurious and breakfast was fantastic served in such palatial surroundings with harpist playing I had to pinch myself!!!
Could not fault hotel in any way a fantastic stay...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BarbaraS1960
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor and for rating us with stars! Thank you also for choosing our Hotel for such an important occasion as your birthday. It' s a great pleasure to know that you had a fantastic stay with us!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed in the Metropol for 6 days, in April.
The experience was great, starting from the comfortable, luxurious rooms, through the beautiful art work on the walls, amazing service, professional and friendly staff, amazing breakfast (best Blintzes in Moscow) and the best location in Moscow.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna M
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for rating us with 5 stars! It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the hotel's location, our amazing breakfast and comfortable rooms, hotel interiors, our professional and friendly service.
I'm looking very much forward to welcome you back soon!