“Old fashion, I like it ... nice service, good location ...”

Hotel Metropol Moscow
Ranked #10 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Second time in Moscow and my office booked this old fashion hotel with huge history. I arrived after midnight, very good reception desk, bar is open 24 hours good beer and good drinks. Friendly service. They gave me a very nice room, clean big. Bathroom and furniture outdated but nice! Slippers, Shoeshine, good shampoo .... I slept very well, even I cant open the windows. Breakfast very good. Check out at 4 am perfect !!! Very good location nice surroundings. I wil stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room to the backyard, now view but quite.
2  Thank Frank_and_Barbara
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and posting a review concerning your stay at the Metropol hotel.
It was such a pleasure to learn you found the hotel's location, your room, breakfast and drinks in Chalyapin Bar convenient regarding your needs. I am very pleased to read how highly you valued the staff and service during your stay. Thank you!
Looking forward to welcome you back to the Metropol Hotel during your next visit to Moscow!

Guest relations manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Metropol Moscow

Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you want to feel the real Russian empire use to be, you have to stay at the Metropol. It's located just closed to the red square and the Kremlin. The service it's very very good. The rooms are space full (BIG). During the amazing breakfast they serve also have live performance of a cellist player to start your day in a good mood. Of course i will come back to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robertocjp
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for rating us with 5 stars. We are very glad to learn that you found the hotel's location suitable, enjoyed our historical interiors and amazing breakfast with harp music. We are delighted to get such a flattering comment regarding our staff. Thank you!
We sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying in Metropol is like staying in a museum - it is an historical place, full with references to Russian 20th century history, and Art Deco style (do not miss the stained glass on the elevator). Some will find the rooms a bit outdated - I found them perfect - not too big, this is true, but the old school design is a style in itself - so if you want to avoid the "too much" style of many Moscow hotels, this is the place. The bathroom is certainly 70-ties style, but clean and very functional.
What is essential about this hotel is location - you are 5 min walk from Red Square and just opposite to the Bolshoi. Since the hotel is huge, ask for a room with a view on the Kremlin complex - such a view is not to be missed.

1  Thank Kousia
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Upon your next arrival we will be glad to offer you an excursion around the hotel, so you could see our beautiful suites and learn something new about our gorgeous hotel's history.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

First impressions, you never get a second chance. This place just knocks you out at every turn. Food great, service, staff all top notch. Special thanks to Julia who handled our booking and welcoming us upon arrival she is a star. Once visited never forgotten....

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mark B
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful feedback on your recent visit to the Metropol. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed staying with us and how highly you valued the experience. I truly appreciate your kind compliments in recognition of my efforts, thank you very much!
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is extremely well located, just a few steps from most of the main attractions. On arrival, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, efficient too, no long waits for check in. I was disappointed by my room, rather small, but there were bedroom slippers. Acceptable if you are on holiday and out sightseeing all day, but not practical for business: i had to crawl under the desk to find an empty socket for my computer. Also the windows do not open, a no- no for me as I prefer to switch air conditioning off and breathe fresh air.
Having said this, the hotel itself is wonderful. Excellent spa. Had a drink or three at the Shalayapin bar, bartenders smiling and welcoming. Dinner at the Europeisky restaurant- the famous Metropole was booked for a function so not available - and the food was exquisite. The waiter helpful with his advice. We ordered various Russian dishes an he actually recommended we drink vodka instead of a more expensive bottle of wine.
But the best feature is the breakfast! I am definitely a breakfast person, and here it was spectacular. Succulent fish dishes, freshly made pancakes with sour cream and red caviar, selections of cold cuts and cheeses. Fresh fruit of all descriptions, from peeled orange quarters to jackfruit and mangoes, plus raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Cereals, grains, muesli, vast selection of breads, honey in the comb choice of teas, coffee and champagne. I didn't get to the pastries as I didn't have time, but my colleague who has a sweet tooth was in raptures. Bacon, sausages and eggs too of course, and a chef to scramble or make omelettes or whatever. All accompanied by relaxing live harp music. What can I say? Worth it for the breakfast alone.
The reason for my four star is due to the room with locked windows and not enough conveniently placed empty sockets, and the pillows were too soft. There should be at least one firm one.

Room Tip: Ask for large room and check the pillows
1  Thank Theresa55051

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Metropol Hotel. The valuable comments and feedback from our guests will help us to constantly improve our services and move from "good" to "best". We would like to make it our mission to turn your good experience into the great one and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Moscow.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed about 10 days and I have to confess never seen such an elegant service and hospitality before. I visit around 3-4 countries a month however I have never felt this comfortability and hospitality no where. Hotel Metropol Moscow should be very proud with their qualified personnel and especially the guest relations. Look forward to stay here for another occasion, soon.

1  Thank Tunc T
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Tunc,

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review concerning your stay at the Metropol Hotel. We are very proud of our staff and realize what a valuable asset that they are to our business. However, it is always enjoyable when our guests recognize our efforts. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our service and therefore eager to return.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed a full week at the hotel. First of all I like to say thank you too all the staff for the warm welcoming and all the comfort they provided.
I love Art Deco style and hotel has plenty of it.
breakfast was superb and relaxing life music is perfect for mornings.
Reason why I gave 4 stars is that I think there is always place for improvement even in the best places.
keep a good work and I hope to see you again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ptichka67
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the warm welcoming provided by out staff and our superb breakfast with relaxing harp music. We would like to make it our mission to turn your good experience into the great one!
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Best regards,