“Comfortable stay”

Hotel Metropol Moscow
Ranked #10 of 328 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed a full week at the hotel. First of all I like to say thank you too all the staff for the warm welcoming and all the comfort they provided.
I love Art Deco style and hotel has plenty of it.
breakfast was superb and relaxing life music is perfect for mornings.
Reason why I gave 4 stars is that I think there is always place for improvement even in the best places.
keep a good work and I hope to see you again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ptichka67
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the warm welcoming provided by out staff and our superb breakfast with relaxing harp music. We would like to make it our mission to turn your good experience into the great one!
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is situated next to Red Square and is an ideal base to explore the main attractions of Moscow, most of which can be easily reached on foot. The staff are very friendly, courteous and extremely helpful, from Front Desk to the Concierge (who was very informative) to those who serviced the rooms. The rooms are very spacious, clean, well-furnished and maintained. Note that the hotel did not charge to register our Visas. I emailed in advance to request a room overlooking Red Square and mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary. On our final night we returned to find a bottle of champagne in the room which was a lovely touch. The best rate I found was on clever-hotels.com
We arrived quite late at the DME airport and arranged for a taxi to meet us. You can book a taxi on arrival but we pre-booked with www.go-to.ru who offered the same price as the authorised airport taxis (1600 roubles for a standard car). We also had to pay for airport parking which was another 50 roubles. The company sent us various communications prior to our arrival and our driver was waiting for us in arrivals so we had no hassle with taxi queues. Note that there are many other taxi companies at the airport vying for your business but many of these can have very inflated prices.
We joined the free walking Tour (moscowfreetour.com) which was a great way for us to get a feel for the city on our first day there (Irina is a great tour guide). The meeting point is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for the friendliness of the personnel and especially for the Location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie K
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review with very interesting comments and for rating us with 5 stars. I am very proud that we have been able to assist in creating this lasting memory on such an important occasion as your wedding anniversary.Thank you for all your wonderful compliments regarding our staff. It is always a great honor to read such great reviews, thank you for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor.
Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a longish trip (tested the new easyjet flight, a little long for no recline) i arrived at the metropol after taking the aeroexpress from domodedovo which was a positive experience. However my arrival at the Metropol was not very positive... After paying a French booking agency the totality of my hotel fees for the Metropol i was quite disappointed to arrive and find that the receptionist could not find my booking... The hotel agency wasnt answering the phone (it was 1AM) so i was obliged to pay for a standard room (i had booked superior on the voucher) at double the price i was paying the room initially. This was quite annoying so the next day i asked my receptionist to give both the hotel and hotel agency a hollering. To my surprise when i came back monday evening i was immediately upgraded to a Junior Suite..(!) with an apology and the hotel agency reimbursed my first night. From that point everything was up hill. Not only is the metropol a gorgeous imperial landmark in the centre of Moscow but they have kept it more or less in its original state - which is the reason it probably cant be compared to the new and swanky hotels quality wise, but if you want traditional i would recommend you stay here. Service was top notch and the night barman deserves a raise. In general a positive experience and i would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Koolshen
PR M, Guest Relations at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Metropol.
It is a pity, you had to go through all the difficulties with your reservation. And we are really glad that finally the problem was resolved. It is great you could experience the Junior Suite room in our hotel.
Metropol is really a gorgeous imperial landmark in the center of Moscow and we are carefully trying to keep the original state of this historical place.
We are glad to know, you enjoyed our service and had a positive impression in general.
It will be a great pleasure to see you again in our hotel.

Kseniya

Guest Relations

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived in Moscow and took the aero express and metro which was simple and brings you to the door steps of Hotel Metropol which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. There are so many more reasons to chose. The staff are very friendly and have helped us a lot with directions and private car bookings etc. We found the rooms sufficient, bedding comfortable, bathrooms fine. Molten Brown bathroom lotions. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options which we enjoyed and having the harpist and fountain was a special treat. Location fabulous Red Square, Bolshoi all on your door step. The only criticism would be the gym is too small and they do not provide a coffee and tea station in the room. All in all a great experience!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PR M, Guest Relations at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing feedback! We highly appreciate that.
It is great you could easily reach us and find the other reasons to enjoy this place.
We have a really great concierge service which is quite helpful and we are particularly happy that it was useful for you.
The harpist and the fountain is really gorgeous especially for the breakfast time, thank you for mentioning this. As for the tea and coffee station, this option is provided upon request. Please, let us now when you come next time so that we prepare the station for you.

Looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

Kseniya

Guest Relations

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location couldn't be better: besides the Red Square, the Gum, the Bolshoy, metro stations, etc. etc...
However, the interior, although renovated, has a strange feeling to it: the rooms are huge but 'naked'. The bathrooms, on the contrary, are smallish, with a half size bathtub.
We never tried the breakfast, but we did go to the swimming pool. I had the feeling I was in a soviet style health club.
If not for the location, probably wouldn't choose it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post a review. I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room and fitness center. Your constructive feedback is extremely helpful, and I have passed your comments to our management.
On a positive note, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the great location of our hotel.
We would like to make it our mission to turn your average experience into a great one and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Moscow.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

just returned from Moscow, weather in 30's sites were amazing, restaurants great, hotel absolutely fantastic, staff were so helpful, we had a room overlooking revolution square, so clean, we looked out one side of the window to see the Bolshoi theatre and the other side to red square, so central. The breakfasts were superb in fantastic surroundings with fountain and harpist playing. this has been a visit which will be long remembered. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank david d
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Metropol Hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our service, found the room and breakfast convenient regarding your needs. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Moscow.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Metropol is considered to be a historical hotel. No wonder it is a symbol of Moscow which is more than 100 years old. I used to stay here 20 years ago when I was still a child, I came here with my parents. Things has changed but for good.
The interior of the hotel is luxurios as it used to be, the fountain, the furniture, the paintings and glass windows, the ceiling, it's amazing. But the thing I particularly enjoyed was the excellent service we were provided with. Everybody starting from the doorman is so welcoming, so kind and attentive. I really felt that I was taken care of although the hotel seemed to be fully booked. I could never say I'm a fan of Russian cuisine but the way they serve it here deeply impressed me.
Also, the hotel has a quite convenient location, it's in the very centre of Moscow.
I wish I could stay here longer, this place is really worth visiting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Metropol Hotel! Your kind words concerning our elegant interiors, convenient location and attentive staff are truly appreciated. It is our mission to make our guests feel very special and it's a great pleasure to get such a flattering comment from you regarding our team. We are delighted to read that you had a great time with us!
Looking forward to welcome you back.