Golden Ring Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Spa
Mir(Moscow)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspanorama restaurantharp playerred squarenice hoteltop floorjunior suitearbat stwalking streetsmolenskaya metro stationwithin walking distancebusiness triprussian foodrooms are comfortablemoscow cityexcellent breakfastcentral locationlocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent International hotel. Everything was nearly perfect, but there was lots of dust under the bed. Otherwise a clean non-smoking room (but it had to be requested), Can you get better than nearly-perfect in Moscow? Well, I previously stayed at the Leningradskaya Hilton, which, although it didn't have a harpist playing for breakfast, seemed to maybe have been marginally better overall. But I would be happy to stay at the Golden Ring Hotel again, especially if I needed to be near the city-center... (photo below of a harpist making breakfast just that much more enjoyable..)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Service, personnel, cuisine, cleanliness, gym--all was just excellent! People are professional, attentive and friendly. Restaurants and choice of food also excellent! House-keeping was so meticiously accurate (not a single gramm of dust!) and generous (like extra bottles of spring water, extra soap, lotion, pad-notes, etc._).
The conference-rooms are old-fashioned but all was arranged well by the staff, so no worries here.
Excellent for Business, Romance, And Family stay.
Just one weak point: lightning in the rooms are old-standard (one cannot control/adjust the strengh, only all lights ON/OFF option)... though not a big deal.. )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my fourth stay at this hotel. First a disclosure: I stay here because my business meeting place is within-walking distance from this hotel. During all my stays, check-in was smooth and quick. I always got non-smoking rooms as wished. On three occasions I had stayed in standard rooms which were a bit too compact for a 5-star hotel (though bath rooms are pretty good size). The decor is charming--old Russian style. I travel a lot and find local decor in hotels a welcome change from global chain hotels. Most staff are professional though some smile won't hurt :-).

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room as lower floor rooms get more street noise even when windows are closed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sanjay V
Reviewed January 1, 2014

1. Easy check in for us!
2. Room is nice, very clean, and the bed was awesome!
3. Breakfast offers a great variety!
4. Friendly staff at the reception!
5. Easy access to the Metro!
6. Minutes away from a shopping/restaurant street.

I'd recommend it...I mean, if you are from America where you are trained to enjoy constant smiles and sucking up to you, then this may be the wrong hotel for you! I didn't get mad if I came across an employee who didn't smile...if I needed something it got done and that's all that mattered! the old fashioned look didn't bother me a bit, on the contrary, I thought it was nice to sort of go back in time.

Room Tip: I requested a room higher up ( based on reading that recommendation here) and I got it! Give it a try :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

It's easy enough to book via their own website, but very impossible to cancel or rebook.

Contact was made very hard and wilfully delayed to make sure they can charge one night accommodation and administration fee for providing exactly NO service.

As soon as companies like this have your credit card details they more than happy to use it.

• Stayed: June 2013