“I would stay here again”
Review of Golden Ring Hotel

Golden Ring Hotel
Ranked #33 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Ash, United Kingdom
“I would stay here again”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

From the get-go, the staff were generally helpful, very patient and polite - important for a westerner trying to navigate the intricacies of Russian Travel arrangements.

The "Standard Room" I was allocated was not large, but certainly adequate and it was tidy and well equipped. As witth nycbornuk, I had a problem with the Air Conditioning not working, and rather frustratingly this required escalation to Management to get fixed. Once resolved though, the room was very comfortable. It had a great view out over the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (one of the "Stalin Skyscrapers") and the Catherdral of Christ the Saviour. I think I was booked in on a corporate rate which for Moscow Prices was very reasonable (just under GBP200/Night tops including Tax and Breakfast).

The Breakfast Buffet offered a wide choice of hot and cold options, and the harper playing in the background gives at a good Unique Seling Proposition, but I would probably not have gone for it were it not included in the price - normally it's around GBP26. I didn't dine in the Hotel as there are plenty of other options nearby on Arbat St, but the Russian Hunt Restaurant Menu did look very enticing and there are a couple of other Restaurants in the Hotel.

The only other niggle was that a number of the facilities (the Souvenir Shop, Business Centre amongst others) had signs up saying that they were closed for 10 minutes "for technical reasons"
when in fact they were not open at all for long periods during their advertised opening hours.

So - not a perfect stay, but with all problems resolved (eventually), a comfortable room at what by local standards is a reasonable price, and a great location near Arbat and a couple of hundred yards from Smolenskaya Metro, I would have no problems about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Head of the Commercial Department at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear our guest!

Thank you for your priceless review! It is very importnat for us. Our aim is to become better following your comments.

We would like to welcome you during your next stay to visit our panoramic restaurants: Winter Garden (22nd floor) and Panorama Restaurant (23th floor). Each of them is unique in its own way. The tables are set out in such a way that every guest has a captivating view on the city of Moscow from the height of 80 metres! The culinary art of the “Golden Ring” has been recognized not only in Russia but also outside the country- the Hotel’s chefs are regular participants in international culinary competitions, and also carry out festivals of Russian cuisine and other countries.

Regarding your negative experience with air condition and working procedures of my assosiates I promise you to decide and solve these quations.

Welcome to our hotel!

Elena Bortnikova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

English speaking staff, clean and tidy room, still surprised by the smoking inside the coffee areas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear our Guest!

Thank you for your priceless review of the Golden Ring Hotel Moscow!

We appreciate that you have spent your time to comment your stay with us!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Deasent business trip hotel with English speaking staff.

Excellent breakfast, best so far in Russia with live musicians.

Interiors slightly outdated but views and free wifi compensate that.

Good hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BortElena598, Head of the Commercial Department at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your time spent to write the review here.
We appreciate it so much!

We kindly ask you to come back! :-)

Bortnikova Elena
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Reasonably priced hotel for "Moscow standard". I had a breathtaking view on Moscow as was lucky to have a riverside view on the upper floors: particularly stunning at the sunset and at night! Very polite, friendly and helpful staff. But was truly exceptional is the quality of ironing and dry-cleaning: my shirts were returned in about 1 hour perfectly fresh and impeccably ironed!

Room Tip: try to get upper floors riverside rooms for the view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gen-Jerome
BortElena598, Head of Commercial department at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest!

I would like to thank you for so kind review.
We always try to do our best to meet your needs and expectations!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed twice at this hotel and while the staff are friendly, the place is really nice and clean - neither time could I get anyone to address the fact that I was sweating in my room as the windows wouldn't open and the ac was not functioning. Room temps above 85F aren't good for sleep so I didn't get much :( based on my experience I will use this hotel in the winter months only

Stayed April 2012
BortElena598, Head of Commercial department at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your review.
We will take into consideration all your remarks regarding the air condition system.
And I would like to emphasize that we take care of the guest safety therefore our room windows are not opened so easy. The Golden Ring building has 23 floors!

Next time I would recommend you to call at the Reception and ask to open window in your room.

You are most welcome!

tel aviv
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have been coming to the Golden ring since 2006, 3 - 4 times a year. This is a well located 5 star hotel. After so many years the staff now recognise me which is nice, (even though they have never recognised the fact that I am a loyal customer with an offer of an upgrade, as I receive from other hotels worldwide). Rooms are good, food is very good but beware of the slowest bar service in the world.
During my last stay, (last week), i had to get the duty manager involved to get a hot chocolate served at the bar and guess what after all the inconvenience involved they still charged me for the drink.
However, this should not put you off - it is a good hotel and the fact is I have been returning here for many years so that says it all.

Room Tip: get a high floor facing away from the main street
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jdcTelAviv
BortElena598, Depity Sales Director at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Guest!

We appreciate very much that you have found time to leave the review about our hotel! Thank you for so warm words. We do our best for you!
We will take your remarks into account about service in our lobby bar!

Be sure you are mostly welcome!

Elena
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Top notch hotel, very helpful. rooms good, food good. couldn't ask for more

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BortElena598, Deputy Sales Director at Golden Ring Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest!

We appreciate very much that you have found time to leave the review about out hotel! Thank you for so warm words. We do our best for you!

Be sure you are mostly welcome!