Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$114
$126
$123
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
$38
$257
$243
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsred squaremetro stationsvo airportroom servicegood sizeminute walkan upgradewalking distanceexcellent stayconvenient locationcomfortable hotelbusiness triplobby bartverskayabelaruskayaaeroexpressgm
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I stayed at the Marriott Twerskaya last autumn for 3 nights and cannot fault it. Rooms were well equipped and totally clean, staff friendly and helpful and breakfast of good quality.
Location is not the best as it takes about 45 minutes to walk to the central areas but there is a metro station nearby.
A 5th star might not be deserved as the other Marriott hotels in Moscow seem to offer much more but my personal experience was overall positive.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank WAW-Traveler
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I was in Moscow on business with 2 coworkers. Our original reservation was for the Moscow Metropol near Red Square. The Metropol was a beautiful hotel but they only had laptop internet access in the lobby which wasn't ideal for business travel. So we moved to Marriott Tverskaya Hotel Moscow for a 9 night stay. They promised there would be in-room internet access. We paid for 8 days of internet access which was quite expensive. Unfortunately none of us were ever able to connect. The hotel IT department blamed it on our laptops.
The hotel did try very hard and worked on our laptops in our room and in their IT office but were never able to get our computers to connect to their wireless network.
It's not terribly difficult to connect a computer to a wireless network. For the hotel to blame the problem on all 3 or our laptops was very unprofessional rather than trying to fix what I thought was an obvious problem with their wireless network.
It was also very unprofessional of them to not refund the internet fees we paid.
However, all other aspects of the hotel were wonderful. The hotel was great, the room-service was good and fast. The rooms were always clean and the staff was incredibly friendly.

It would be a great hotel if you weren't staying for business and needed internet access.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I stayed at the Marriot Tverskaya from Mid January 2007 until some time in June 2007, with weekend breaks each month. I may have been one of their longest staying customers, and would be able to give a balanced view.

1. The check-in is ok, the receoptionists have a good knowledge of English, which is not to be taken for granted in Russia. And they are very helpful too with directions to museums, etc. They will give you a map, directions and even an umbrella if you need one.

2. The bar on ground floor is good, and I came to love the bar food (tuna steak was great). The staff are friednly and fast

3. The rooms are great, especially if you get to stay in the deluxe rooms. They have 2 tv's, a large bathroom, a good (costly) minibar and the beds are great. If you have an option, take the rooms overlooking the back street as it is less noisy (Tverskaya street is very noisy from high-speed traffic). There is wireless internet but again it costs the world...

4. The laundry service is good but expensive too

5. The breakfast is excellent, the staff are very courteous and the selection of food is good.

6. The location is good - many restaurants, pubs and coffee shops nearby. Also the Beloruskaya and Tverskaya metro stations are just nearby (max 5 min walking distance)

Overall the hotel is great, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Moscow

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2007

I stayed in the Tverskaya for 3 nights and the hotel is pretty basic and I would've rated it 3 of 5 if it wasn't for the great Italian restaurant and the good service from the check in counter! Overall very pleased with my stay in Moscow.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I had read the reviews before I went and must say that a lot of it is
accurate and definately worth reading. The information armed us with
tips to ensure that our stay was a good one, and it certainly was that. We checked prices with hotel staff and cab drivers before embarking on anything and were not ripped off at all, in fact everyone that we asked seemed pleased that we were checking and we all new were we stood.

The hotel arranged pick up from airport and (as previously reported on these reviews) the traffic was the worst I have ever seen, it took
over two hours to get to the hotel, but if you are prepared for this then it could be an interesting drive as lots to see.

Hotel staff were extremely helpful and gave lots of advice and help.
The bar in the hotel was convenient and bar food was excellent and reasonably priced (We do live in London though, so only Monte Carlo has ever been a shock!!)

I would not recommend trying to walk to Red Square as it would probably take about half an hour and it is only a 2 minute walk across the road from the hotel to the metro, which made our trip. We
travelled on the metro from morning until late at night and did not wait for more than 30 seconds for a train ever. It was truly amazing
and very easy as long as you have a map in Russian and English so that you understand were and when you are getting off. There is no English on any of the metro signs.

In the three days we were there we saw so much including a evening at the Bolshoi Theatre to see an opera which was amazing. The Kremlin, Red Square, GUM shopping, St Basil's Cathedral and so on, but the best thing we did was Lenin's Tomb. The queue was hours long but whilst debating whether this was worth waiting for we were approached by a lady with a tour badge and offered us a tour for 1600
roubles for the four of us (this is about £8.00 each). We tentatively
agreed and handed over our money, she led us to the front of the queue, straight into the tomb and then out to the graves outside, she
gave loads of information on what we were seeing which we could not have known as nothing was in english and it really was the best £8.00
I think I have ever spent. Definately worth it!

Don't be put off by reviews as I was to start with - the information given can be used in your favour, I was glad that we did not stay in the centre as we went much further afield because of our use of the metro and if you behave in a positive way towards the hotel staff then they reciprocate very quickly, they were all smiles and waves! Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends