“avoid this mistake of a marriott”

Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel
Ranked #69 of 317 Hotels in Moscow
“avoid this mistake of a marriott”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

seriously one of the worse hotels & service i have ever stayed at. the only civilised service was in the lobby coffee bar. the rooms are dirty and cramped with only the basic ammenities. even the atm machine in the store stole our card and no one seemed to care.

• Stayed April 2013
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Marriott Tverskaya hotel in Moscow. I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I certainly regret that your stay has not met your expectations.

Marriott Tverskaya Hotel has always been trying to reach the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Please accept my apology, I sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance, please contact me directly to arrange your next stay with us.

I have not been able to allocate any guest complain concerning the ATM machine. To allow me to investigate further, could you share with me date and time when you had reported the problem?
Thank you for the positive note on the lobby bar service, I will make sure your comment is shared with the team.

We place a great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Marriott.

Francois Morvan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not really charming, rather old fashioned design and interior. Friendly staff. Spacious rooms. Quiet location. Expensive kiosk and snack bar at ground floor. Hotel American style restaurant 'flat iron' only recommended for a late hotel dinner. Flat rate taxis can be booked at lobby level: good for longer distance rides. For short distance better call a taxi via front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Walhoo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed at this location twice and in this neighborhood three times. The hotel is well appointed with very comfortable beds. The rooms have high ceilings, making it feel opulent and spacious. The junior suites are very comfortable for business travelers needing a meeting place that is not a bedroom. The second floor lobby is always quiet and a good place for a quick/free email catch up. Breakfast is superb. Subway is nearby and two markets to buy items for the room. Half hour walk up one road to Red Square.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are free of road noise. Third floor is quietest.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel in Moscow. I greatly appreciate your kind comment regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

We always try to do outmost to meet our guest’s expectations. It is a great pleasure for me and my colleagues to learn about your positive experience in our hotel.

I do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott Hotels in Moscow during your future visits. I have also noted that you visit Moscow often, in order to make your next stays in Marriot Hotels more pleasurable let me kindly invite you to join Marriott Rewards program and have more benefits in our hotel or in other Marriott Hotel worldwide.

We look forward to welcome you once more in Marriott Tverskaya Hotel and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have recently returned from a long weekend in Moscow staying at this Hotel with my daughter. The staff were most helpful and welcoming.
Our bedroom was on the 7th floor and, though it overlooked the main street, good double glazing meant it was very quiet. Our room was large and well appointed - the only drawback was that the shower was over the bath which means it was not accessible with my arthritic joints. There was no grab rail or non-slip suface in the bath.
Otherwise a well equipped room with tea and coffe making facilities, and an iron with ironing board, plus an electronic controlled keypad safe. There were a good selection of toiletries in the bathroom with large fluffy towels and capacious bathrobes.
Breakfast was plentiful with a wide ranging menu of both Russian and International dishes but cooked and cold. Breakfast room service was efficient, speedy and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will have less streeet noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel during your visit to Moscow. It was a great please for us to be your host in our city.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the services in our hotel. We always try to do our outmost to meet our guest's expectations. Receiving positive feedback is the best award for me and my team.

I have also noted your comments regarding the bathroom facilities. Let me kindly advise you that all of our bathtubes are protected with a specila untislipperu cover. Safety and security of our guestsis a top priority for us.

We sincerely hope that this inconvenience will not affect the pleasure of your future stays with us. And we place a great value on your custom and your comtinued relationship with Marriott.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights end March 2013. Good location on the main road (not noisy) but if you are looking to be smack in the centre of Moscow, this is a bit too far out (3 stops on the metro).
Room spacious and comfortable, good bathroom and excellent range of choice at breakfast. Staff helpful and reasonable English on reception and in the restaurant.
Would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Marriott Tverskaya Hotel. I greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay and I have already shared your positive feedback with my team. We always try to do our outmost to meet our guests’ expectations.

I do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott Hotels in Moscow during your future visits. And we are pleased to invite you to join our Marriott Rewards program and have more benefits during your next stays in our hotel or in other Marriott Hotels worldwide.

We look forward to welcoming you once more in our hotel and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.

Paris
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hôtel is well located and meets exactly the standards you would expect for such a chain: confortable bed, nice bedroom, good furniture, good service, polite receptionists, etc.
Breakfast is average.
As for services, well, I ll let you decide: my roomservice order was, 1 cheeseburger+fruits+mineral water= 80$ (I m not kidding...ok, I confess water was Perrier!), internet for 1 day=20$.
Even by Moscow standards, that is ....
Stay away from the services, and the hotel is very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paris6688987
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your positive comments on the quality of our staff service and facilities. Receiving positive feedback is a great motivator for all the staff in the hotel and helps us to maintain and continue to improve our service standards.

I have also noted your comments regarding the price for the Room Service order. We are keen to provide the best food quality. Our prices are market driven; I would like to assure you that they are in line with the prices for Food and Beverage of our direct competitors here in Moscow.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Marriott. We will do our utmost to make your future stays in Moscow comfortable and enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Marriott Tverskaya Hotel.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great Marriott, well located (close to station to airport and subway), small fitness. Great breakfast buffet, good food for dinner. Ask for room on the back, to prevent noise from main street. Rooms are big and comfortable.

Room Tip: At the back
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business