1,111 results
All reviews vip lounge red square bolshoi theatre within walking distance butler service perfect location huge bathroom major sights junior suite excellent hotel an upgrade hotel staff lobby bar business trip min walk breakfast buffet is metro station
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Overall, the Marriott Aurora is a nice hotel. It is very centrally located in Moscow around the corner from the Red Square. The staff and service are solid, and the rooms well maintained. Although not my favorite hotel in Moscow (see Golden Apple review), I would stay again if the price was right. As usual, the Good, Bad, and Ugly....

The Good
1. Clean, large rooms with hot shower. The rooms are very well maintained - kudos to the cleaning staff.
2. Beds and pillows. Nice selection of pillows on the very comfortable beds.
3. Umbrellas in the closet. Came in handy one night for a walk.
4. Reception removed a charge for my WiFi after advising it didn't work. They apologized and took it off the bill immediately.
5. Security. One evening my room key didn't work (which is bad...). When I visited reception, they asked me a few questions to ensure I was who I said I was.
6. Location. In city center.
7. Safe that can fit a lap top.
8. The Polo Club Restaurant. This is a nice spot with very good food and excellent service. Highly recommended if you want to eat in the hotel.

The Bad
1. I was given a smoking room on arrival. Not a major deal, but my Marriott profile clearly states a non-smoking preference. After a walk back down to reception they corrected the situation.
2. The WiFi service is horrid. The connection continuously went in and out while in my room. Very frustrating. When I tried the wired service - it didn't work at all. Marriott - if you're going to charge a high rate for the service, please make sure it works!
3. Charging for WiFi service.
4. Breakfast in the Aurora room. It's not THAT bad, but it's simply not that great for the price. The food selection is wide, but nothing of great taste. A lot of bland selections and poor tasting pastry offerings. The fruit however, was nice.
5. The key system. My room key which also controls the elevator did not work on numerous occasions. Not a major deal, but it is a bit frustrating to be all the way to your room and not have your key work.

The Ugly
1. Nothing necessarily ugly. However, the "women of the night" coming in and out of the reception area is a bit odd and unexpected in a hotel like this. Why does the Marriott allow this?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy F
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Thi is my favourite in Moscow - it has spacious rooms, efficient service, great beds and it is perfectly located close to tons of restaurants, bars, interesting places.

It can be expensive, but you pay for location. car access in rush our can be a bother, but usually can be helped by a small walk (10 mins walk vs 20 mins sit in a car)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We spend 5 nights at the Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel Moscow. The room is clean and spacious, although not fashionable. Things I like most is its location which is very close to main tourist attractions, such as the Kremlin and shopping streets. Concierge is very helpful in providing information about the places around and tour information. There is also a grocery nearby, up on the Petrovka street. Moscow is a great city with plenty of beautiful architectural sights to see. We love it!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OLEY
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Stayed here at this perfectly located hotel for one night before joining a package tour of Russia. Service was remarkable and staff was extremely friendly and helpful in every way. Top marks for service especially at check in. Breakfast was exceptional too. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite. The room and toilet is fairly spacious and all amenites provided. However the room is dated and the mattress was far too soft with no support and not too heavenly to sleep on resulting in us having backache the next few days. Also there was renovation ongoing and we had scaffolding right outside our windows so no worthy views. I gave top score for service but deduct points for its bed.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here several nights in Sept. 2009. The location, very close to the Kremiln, Red Square, and a couple of metro stops, is top notch. The room was comfortable enough and the "butler" service at least provided coffee in the mornings. The room service was outrageously priced but then again, Moscow is awfully expensive. We used points, so I can't really speak to value. The concierge, Svetlana, was quite good. There is another concierge that is not so good, so I would stick with Svetlana.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple