1,106 results
All reviewsvip loungered squarebolshoi theatrewithin walking distancebutler serviceperfect locationhuge bathroommajor sightsjunior suiteexcellent hotelan upgradehotel stafflobby barbusiness tripmin walkbreakfast buffet ismetro station
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We stayed at the Royal Aurora for 3 nights June17-20 and loved it! We are a family of 4, the children being older teens. The Royal Aurora is one of the few hotels that will accomodate 4 people in a room. The family room with 2 double beds and bath was quite large and well appointed. The room was very clean and relatively quiet. The hotel itself is beautiful with a very nice workout facility and pool. The hotel also includes a butler service. The butler brings you champagne upon arrival and then coffee or tea each morning, all complementary. The hotel staff is wonderful! Everyone is very friendly, they speak English and are all very helpful. We used the hotel car one day, it comes with a driver and is about $40 per hour.
We did not eat in the hotel because it is expensive. Overall we did not find Moscow to be as expensive as anticipated. Everyone had told us that it is the most expensive city in the world and that is probably true, but the locals have to eat somewhere! We ate at the Kitezh (a couple of blocks up Petrovka Street) and on the way to the restaurant we passed a small grocery store that we went to almost daily to purchase water and snacks. On our last day in Moscow we purchased lunch from the grocery and ate a picnic lunch in in the small open air park next to the Royal Aurora. We also ate at the Yolki-Palki, the Russian version of TGI Fridays. It is down one block and west one block from the hotel. Every restaurant we frequented had a menu with English translations, so there was no mystery food. One other restaurant that is very popular in Russia is Moo-Moo or Mu Mu. It is near old Arabat. We ate ice cream & various fruit or meat pastries from the street vendors that were wonderful. We also ate at the GUM mall and went to Yeliseev's food court. There are lots of restaurants on two beautiful foot travel only streets that have high end shops and we stopped for dinner there too. Talk to the hotel concierge they are very helpful.
We used East West Tours to book private tours for our family. The tour guides were wonderful. They were English speaking, worth the money and really added to the trip. We toured the subway, Old Arabat, the Kremlin including the Diamond Fund, churches & armory and Sergiev Posad (tour on last day in Moscow) The Marriott let us leave our luggage in the store room while we took this day trip before taking the overnight train to St Petersburg.
The Marriott Royal Aurora is in a great location. We walked from the hotel to the Kremlin, Red Square, St Basil, GUM, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour(no shorts allowed), the Old Circus, Puskin Museum and more. If you go to the old circus, you can save some money if you buy the tickets at the door. The ticket office is under the circus building around to the side. Also no need to book tours of St Basil, buy tickets yourself, or Red Square, Puskin Museum or Cathedral.
We found the people in Moscow to be very pleasant. Most young people speak some English. A child at the circus asked where we were from and a policeman directing traffic pointed us in the right direction to the Cathedral. No one asked for our passports, which was quite a relief to me.
There is so much to see in Moscow and the Marriott Royal Aurora is a wonderful hotel home base. Stay there you'll love it! Added bonus- this hotel is a great deal with Marriott points.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Judy88
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My wife and I spent 3 night here at the end of June. It was overall a great stay. We had a large room overlooking the road at the front of the hotel. I had trouble using a calling card to call the US and after trying several times in my room I went to the front desk and she dialed for me and then removed the call charges (local number) from my bill.

PROS:

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff.
Large room.
Large bathroom with tub and separate (2 person) shower.
Overall property was in excellent condition.
Less than a few blocks to Red Square and other major attractions.
Many restaurants within close walking distance.
Butler services with free fresh squeezed juice (or coffee or tea) delivered in the morning.
Wonderful pool and hot tub.
Free bottled water in the room everyday.
Foreign exchange booth in the lobby.

CONS:

Towels could be updated.
Food was amazingly expensive even compared to local restaurants.
Expensive computer use for internet and/or paid wireless.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucycan
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I was travelling Moscow on business trip and stayed in Mariott. Everything was excellent but the price seemed to me high for the services and quality I got. Anyway, this is Moscow

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2009

The Marriott Royal Aurora was a nice surprise. You never know what you'll get but believe the good reviews on this one. As soon as you hit the door everyone is helpful and trying to meet your every need.
The gym was fantastic as was the location, restaurant and staff. Room service provided a better value for the dollar. If I have a return trip to Russia, this is where I'll stay. The staff is so friendly and versed in languages so that everything is easy. This was our first experience in Russia and the Royal Aurora got us off to a great start. We loved our time there!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed March 27, 2009

First, everything in Moscow, especially near Red Square is overpriced. However, this hotel is GREAT. The accomodations are as good as any Marriott I have ever stayed in. The staff is very helpful and most speak english. The hotel is also located in a very convenient place. You can walk to Red Square or the subway. I can't say enough good things about it. The one down side is the traffic. Traffic in this part of Moscow is awful and it will take some time to get to the hotel. Once you are there it is very convenient. I spoke with a Platinum Marriott member who was also at the hotel and had the same view of the place. If you want a great hotel with a good location, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family