“Great location and great service”

Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel
Ranked #12 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When I stay at a Marriott I expect attentive service and well appointed rooms. The staff was quite welcoming. Because of confusion over the time change, I arrived one day after my scheduled reservation. The staff handled rebooking and had us in our room immediately with no hassle (and no charge for the missed day). All of the staff are proficient in English. The room lived up to Marriott standards, the marble bathroom spacious, updated, and very clean. The variety and quality of breakfast, snacks and drinks served in the concierge lounge were well above-average. Ksenia, one of the hostesses, set the standard for friendliness and helpfulness. Every morning her smiles gave us a great start on the day. The hotel location is within a couple blocks of the Bolshoi, Chekhov Theater, Red Square, the Kremlin and several art museums as well as the shopping district. Great property. Great location. Great service. I recommend that you have the Marriott arrange car service to and from the airport. We got a taxi at the airport that cost $170. The hotel car service back to the airport was only $140 and so much more comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street and was very quiet. I assume walls are thick because there was no residua...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Molly H
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Molly H,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us. We have proudly shared your kind words with our team.

I was delighted to see that you were satisfied with our hotel and services, and I do hope to welcome you back personally to the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The first thing about Marriott is that most times you stay in a Marriott hotel you get good proactive service. Staff are usually friendly. This was very much the case at the Moscow Marriott Aurora. Staff at Check in were welcoming. I felt like I had a conversation with the receptionist at check in. It was nice for the first time in my life to get a room upgrade without even asking. I have no idea how or why but I was happy with it. The upgraded room was spacious. Most of all, I like the little attention to detail and the little extras. Many hotels will see that you have a bathrobe and slippers (although I never use them) but it is a nice added touch to see an umbrella hanging up in your closet. It came in handy.

Breakfast was included and there was a lot of choice. Often you hear that and find yourself disappointed to discover that other people's idea of choice is just what you would normally expect. But along with the usual options you had various meat dishes, at least four different choices of types of sausage, countless different breads and even champagne. Breakfast was included in my rate but it is really expensive if you don't have it in your rate.

Staff were always attentive and I was never left looking lost for more than ten seconds before someone would approach me asking what I was looking for.

I made use of the free wifi in the lobby but refused to pay almost 20 pounds for internet in room.

My only possible complaint would be of noise from outside at all hours of the night on my first night. The windows are not very sound proof and this may be a problem for some people.

I did not use every facility and cannot comment on everything but for a business trip it was perfectly located and welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alasdair C

Dear Alasdair C,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms and the food. Your opinion is very important to us and I will ensure this is shared with all members of the teams.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of October and I would, without hesitation, stay here again. A lovely hotel with impeccable staff. We had lounge access (the lounge was small in comparison to others) where it was nice to relax with a glass of champagne or a coffee whilst nibbling on some of the daily tasty snacks.

Pros - Perfect location, friendly staff, great buffet breakfast and a nice executive lounge.

Cons - Can't think of any!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FJES
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear F JES,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay in Marriott Royal Aurora.

I am extremely pleased to see that we lived up to your expectations, and we will be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Great service, great room, great food and the drinks were also pretty good ;)
Perfect location to Red Square and a huge variety of restaurants and bars in the area.
Breakfast at the hotel is excellent, with lots of choice.
Service was excellent, very attentive and friendly.
Perfect venue for business, holiay or short trip.
Hope to return shortly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ceri M

Dear Geri M,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, your comments are very important to all of us.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return back to the Marriott Royal Aurora.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The central location of this hotel and it's excellent amenities made this a superb venue for our trip to Moscow. It is only 3 mins from the Bolshoi and 10 from Red Square. The hotel provided us with a range of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. We had dinner at three, Uzbekistan, Kitezh and Barashka all of which were very good. The butler service with your room makes your stay very special as they arrive to wake you each morning with a paper and coffee. There is also a cash dispenser in the lobby

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H

Dear John H,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay in our hotel.

We have shared your comments with our team, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our unique Butler service that we are especially proud of.

Hope to welcome you back in Aurora,

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at the Marriot Aurora for 5 nights in September on business.
The location of the hotel is excellent right in the centre of Moscow just a little walk from Red Square.
The room was spacious and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities.
The breakfast was good, buffet style with a good choice of different foods catering for all tastes.
Although I only used the fitness centre once it was really well equipped.
The staff were really friendly and the level of service really high exactly what I would expect from the Marriot chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Donna H,

Thank you very much for you feedback and your kind words, this is extremely important to all of us.
I am happy to see you were satisfied with our hotel and service, and I do hope to welcome you back personally in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five days in October. We normally do not stay at large US chain hotels. This time we did and were pleasantly surprised. This was an old hotel that Marriott completely renovated . Rooms were large the service was fine, and the food was very good. The concierge was very helpful to us, getting us tickets to the Bolshoi, and making a reservation at Café Pushkin. Also, the location was perfect for walking to all the famous sites.

We would recommend this hotel in Moscow also because the costs were far less than the competition.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comment has been shared with the team.

Thank you again and looking forward to see you back,

Warm regards,