1,126 results
All reviews vip lounge red square bolshoi theatre within walking distance butler service perfect location huge bathroom major sights junior suite beautiful hotel open hours concierge desk wifi is free business trip hotel staff lobby bar min walk
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The first thing about Marriott is that most times you stay in a Marriott hotel you get good proactive service. Staff are usually friendly. This was very much the case at the Moscow Marriott Aurora. Staff at Check in were welcoming. I felt like I had a conversation with the receptionist at check in. It was nice for the first time in my life to get a room upgrade without even asking. I have no idea how or why but I was happy with it. The upgraded room was spacious. Most of all, I like the little attention to detail and the little extras. Many hotels will see that you have a bathrobe and slippers (although I never use them) but it is a nice added touch to see an umbrella hanging up in your closet. It came in handy.

Breakfast was included and there was a lot of choice. Often you hear that and find yourself disappointed to discover that other people's idea of choice is just what you would normally expect. But along with the usual options you had various meat dishes, at least four different choices of types of sausage, countless different breads and even champagne. Breakfast was included in my rate but it is really expensive if you don't have it in your rate.

Staff were always attentive and I was never left looking lost for more than ten seconds before someone would approach me asking what I was looking for.

I made use of the free wifi in the lobby but refused to pay almost 20 pounds for internet in room.

My only possible complaint would be of noise from outside at all hours of the night on my first night. The windows are not very sound proof and this may be a problem for some people.

I did not use every facility and cannot comment on everything but for a business trip it was perfectly located and welcoming.

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank Ally C
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Alasdair C,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms and the food. Your opinion is very important to us and I will ensure this is shared with all members of the teams.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of October and I would, without hesitation, stay here again. A lovely hotel with impeccable staff. We had lounge access (the lounge was small in comparison to others) where it was nice to relax with a glass of champagne or a coffee whilst nibbling on some of the daily tasty snacks.

Pros - Perfect location, friendly staff, great buffet breakfast and a nice executive lounge.

Cons - Can't think of any!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FJES
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear F JES,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay in Marriott Royal Aurora.

I am extremely pleased to see that we lived up to your expectations, and we will be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Great service, great room, great food and the drinks were also pretty good ;)
Perfect location to Red Square and a huge variety of restaurants and bars in the area.
Breakfast at the hotel is excellent, with lots of choice.
Service was excellent, very attentive and friendly.
Perfect venue for business, holiay or short trip.
Hope to return shortly.

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank Ceri M

Dear Geri M,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, your comments are very important to all of us.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return back to the Marriott Royal Aurora.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The central location of this hotel and it's excellent amenities made this a superb venue for our trip to Moscow. It is only 3 mins from the Bolshoi and 10 from Red Square. The hotel provided us with a range of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. We had dinner at three, Uzbekistan, Kitezh and Barashka all of which were very good. The butler service with your room makes your stay very special as they arrive to wake you each morning with a paper and coffee. There is also a cash dispenser in the lobby

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H

Dear John H,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay in our hotel.

We have shared your comments with our team, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our unique Butler service that we are especially proud of.

Hope to welcome you back in Aurora,

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at the Marriot Aurora for 5 nights in September on business.
The location of the hotel is excellent right in the centre of Moscow just a little walk from Red Square.
The room was spacious and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities.
The breakfast was good, buffet style with a good choice of different foods catering for all tastes.
Although I only used the fitness centre once it was really well equipped.
The staff were really friendly and the level of service really high exactly what I would expect from the Marriot chain.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Donna H,

Thank you very much for you feedback and your kind words, this is extremely important to all of us.
I am happy to see you were satisfied with our hotel and service, and I do hope to welcome you back personally in the near future.

Kind regards,