1,106 results
All reviewsvip loungered squarebolshoi theatrewithin walking distancebutler serviceperfect locationhuge bathroommajor sightsjunior suiteexcellent hotelan upgradehotel stafflobby barbusiness tripmin walkbreakfast buffet ismetro station
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Recently stayed four nights at this hotel with an upgrade to the executive lounge level. The room was comfortable. The executive lounge was excellent. The breakfast Buffett was very good. The fitness center was just ok; machines were good, but not enough space. Justo a few blocks from the bolshoi ballet and other attractions. The concierge recommended a nearby restaurant that was not on any of my lists. Mistake. We were the only four people there. Use trip advisor and zagat for restaurant recommendations. All in all this hotel was very, very good for our purposes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tommys1947
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your Moscow stay and for your great feedback - this is very rewarding to us. Thank you also to drawing our attention to the restaurant recommendations, we will share this with the team.
I do hope to see you in Moscow again to make your stay the most pleasant!

With warm regards,
Ekaterina Zhuravleva,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I think about this hotel, I think about its location and its staff.

If you are planning to go sightseeing in Moscow, this hotel is in an excellent location - it really couldn't be more convenient. It is within walking distance to the Zum Shopping Mall, Gulag Museum, Bolshoi Theater, and Red Square - in addition to many other attractions. From the entrance to Red Square, it is an easy walk to the GUM Department Store, St. Basil's, Lenin's Mausoleum, the State Historical Museum, and The Kremlin. Additionally, as others have mentioned, it is an easy walk to the Metro. Be aware that the hotel is located approximately one hour from the Moscow Airport - so plan accordingly. However, it is located only about 20-30 minutes from the train station - so if you take a train to/from St. Petersburg, it is very convenient.

The hotel staff was extraordinarily accommodating. The Front Desk staff was helpful and efficient at check-in. The concierge was able to answer questions and provide clear directions - as well as maps and tour information. If you are not on a tour, this is helpful - the signage in Moscow can be confusing. The staff in the executive lounge was extremely service oriented - actually waiting on you at your table, which I've rarely seen in other hotels. The butler service was lovely to have - though we really didn't use it. The staff in the restaurant, where breakfast is provided, was also helpful - and had several people who spoke English quite well who would step in and translate for the cooks who made food to order. The people in this hotel really seemed to want to be helpful, they seemed to enjoy working with customers, they were always smiling, always accommodating and spoke excellent English. This hotel seems to have invested in customer service training for staff - and it shows.

The hotel lobby is lovely - very large and welcoming. The executive lounge was very nice - with hot and cold food options including selections like beef stroganoff that really could serve as a complete meal. The restaurant serves a complete buffet breakfast - and as a Platinum Marriott member, you had the option of breakfast in either the executive lounge or the restaurant. The restaurant breakfast is far more extensive and was quite good. Our room was dated, though large, and had both a bathtub and a walk-in shower. Internet connectivity was frustrating and does need to be improved - it was difficult to get and keep a connection.

The hotel does provide Visa support documents in a timely manner and was very efficient in emailing answers to questions that we had.

Moscow is an amazing city - large, bustling, vibrant, and historic. This hotel, due to its location, made it easy to see and do everything we had planned. And, due to its staff, gave us all the information we needed to have a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback that we have proudly shared with our team!
I am happy to see that we fulfilled your expectation, and our only goal is to make our guests happy and satisfied.
Thank you for mentioning the Butler service - this is a unique feature of our hotel, and I am very glad that our dear guests mention this in the feedback.
Thank you again for your warm words, and looking forward to welcome you back!
Best regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was booked into this hotel for my first trip to Moscow.
I was there primarily on business, but I did get to also spend some spare time exploring.
My flight arrived very late in the night and by the time I got the to the hotel it was well after midnight. Arriving in a new city in the middle of the night can be a little jarring, but the hotel bellman and front desk attendant made me feel very welcome and comfortable.
The rooms have an old world feel. The bathroom and other amenities were well appointed.
Given it's central location and professional service, I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom G
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for giving your feedback following your stay in Marriott Royal Aurora.
I am delighted you enjoyed our services, and I will share your kind words with the whole team.
Also I would like to tell you that our hotel will be facing major renovation, and I do hope to see you back in Aurora!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have just returned from Moscow after staying in this hotel. It is located in an area which is lively and busy. If you are going to Moscow for leisure, then I recommend this hotel. There are many restaurant near the hotel. In fact there is a sort of food street nearby where you get a lot of food option.

Tsum Mall is just 2-3 minutes walk. It is worth paying a visit whether you plan to buy anything or not. The nearest Metro station is just 5-7 minutes walk. You can walk to Kremlin in around 15 minutes.

Hotel however is old and the furniture looks a bit tired. Breakfast was reasonable; not outstanding. I did not otherwise eat in the hotel and therefore can not comment on food quality.

The room had tea/coffee making facility, free bottles of water and iron/stand. The room size was big by all standards even though I was in a standard room. The temperature control did work but at times it used to get trapped between Hot and Cold resulting in a constant tripping noise of the switch.

Front Desk staff was courteous and helpful speaking good English

If you get a good price then this hotel surely is worth trying.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JavedAhmed

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your stay in Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora.

I am happy to read that you liked our hotel, and I am glad to tell you that we are facing major renovation soon.

I do hope to see you back in Aurora,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

What a great position walking distance from Red Square and I the heart of the shopping and cafe culture.

The hotel is immaculate and the staff are faultless. The rooms are well equipped but if I am being picky would say the decor was a little dated.
The chocolate from the turndown service every night was an added bonus :)

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Marriott Royal Aurora.
We pride ourselves on the service and were delighted that we met your expectations.
We will be happy to see you back. I have passed on your kind words to our team.

Many thanks once again,