Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,881 results
All reviews red square tverskaya street executive lounge nice gym health club lobby bar bit dated concierge desk minute walk business trip tour group fitness center breakfast buffet excellent hotel spacious rooms metro station central location
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Excellent location, 2 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, about a 15 minute walk from Red Square.
The positives, very good hotel with great facilities. Very nice deluxe room.
The negatives. The staff in general. Check-in, bit of an argument when I had booked for a family room for 3 and would have to pay 1500 roubles a night for the extra bed top be placed in the room. After a lengthy conversation with the duty manager the charge was waived. Check-out. Hotel was prepaid, when I asked for the receipt I was asked for my passport, which I gave, the person on reception said she could not find my visa and handed back my passport and said find the visa for her.

Date of stay: January 2020
ArtemB20, Concierge at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Anthony T,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Marriott Grand Hotel, and for taking time to share experience regarding your stay with us.

Thank you for put one's mind to the work of reception. Now this situation is under Front Office Manager control.

We hope to have opportunity to greet you in our hotel again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 6, 2020

This hotel in down town Moscow and on its main street Tverskaya is well known to me and probably many other city visitors. But I did not stay there for many years and as I had a need to be in the center of Moscow in December, I decided to refresh my memory and stayed two nights in this hotel. I liked it! My room was good and food in the club too and everything was so near by, that I could walk to best places with NY and Christmas decorations and you probably know by now that Moscow has it better than any place that may come to your mind like Paris, London, New York. Thus, do not hesitate to choose this place when you are in town and when it is during some kind of big holidays as decorations differ from one to the other but the best ones are at the end of December and January and everything else you may need is next door from this hotel.

Room tip: High floor
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank victorsF2393PE

Dear victorsF2393PE,

We would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Grand hotel, and for sharing experience regarding your stay with us!

Out of notes you provided us we made a conclusion that you are satisfied with your stay and we were able to meet your expectations.

By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests.

Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Our group of 8 stayed here during the very busy Christmas period. As the Restsursnt was not opened we instead ate at the bar. The selection was perfect for our diverse preferences, including vegan. Service was just superb. Special mention to Vladimar, our favourite waiter who provided exceptional service and gave us very helpful tips for exploring Moscow.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank DebbJ

Dear DebbJ,

It is very important for us to know that you are satisfied with the time you spent in our hotel. I assure you that it motivates us to improve our standards and all services we provide.

I shared your comment with our hotel staff, and all team was grateful that you found time to write such an amazing reply.

We hope to have opportunity to greet you in our hotel again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 15, 2019

Very nice, clean hotel. Typical of Marriott standards. Lobby area is large and very smart. Check-in staff are very friendly and efficient.
My room was much larger than the standard hotel room with a large separate bathroom. Very clean with a very comfortable bed. Only strange thing was the toilet being positioned in a tight spot behind the bathroom door despite the bathroom being so big.
Excellent gym and spa.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff C
sinankos, Консьерж at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Dear Jeff,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity and thank you for choosing Marriott Grand Hotel for your stay in Moscow.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

From your assessment we can understand that your stay with us was on expected level, and you are satisfied with your stay.

We hope to greet you again in Marriott Grand hotel!

Best Wishes,

Yaroslav Zakharenko
Concierge
y.zakharenko@marriott-moscow.ru
+74959370000

Reviewed December 14, 2019

I stayed in this hotel 3 nights this week. I am a big fan of Marriott and I am a gold member. Few comments I want to make as I was disappointed by the usual Marriott service.
First of all my room #880 smelled really bad for the 3 days, smelling of old curtains or wall not sure.
Then the service, a 6 am a Chinese customer and myself were screamed on because breakfast was opening 2 minutes later and we had entered the opened restaurant. The poor Chinese customer looked at me like he was badly talked to. I was school by the rudeness of the breakfast waiter. Not to mention very poor English understanding when none (shall I remember that we are at the Marriott AMERICAN chain of hotels ?)
Limited smiles from most employees, and reception offering me the executive lounge at checking for telling me while giving me the keys that I would have to pay €70 per day as they had mistaken....white no apologizes or trying to explain.
Last but not least, when I asked for newspapers, I was shown a dark place behind the reception, and only Russian speaking newspaper. shall I remember the reason why I try to ALD ways go to Marriott is to find the minimum standard, quality average, a smile from time to tie, at least one English speaking newspaper or magazine? Where is my Marriott !!??
Very disappointed I will NEVER stay again in this Marriott .

Trip type: Traveled on business
sinankos, Concierge at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2019

Dear Mr. Gaertner,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing Marriott Grand Hotel and for sharing experience of your stay.

We highly appreciate your feedback! You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Your comment makes us clear that you found our hotel old and interiors dated and the room was below your expectations.
All your comments regarding staff service and room condition were submitted to hotel’s management. The department head will ensure additional staff trainings will be conducted to improve the level of service provided. In addition, we will try to find more English-language press, thanks for paying attention to this.
Once again I would like to bring you my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in this regards.

We do hope that the issues mentioned will not deter you from visiting the Marriott Grand Hotel again and we would appreciate the chance to prove to you that we can meet your expectations.

Yaroslav Zakharenko