“Pretty comfortable”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #18 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The room is huge and the staff extremely friendly speaking very good english. Fitness center very well equipped. Breakfast was good. Location could be closer to Red Square. Free wi fi only in public areas.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Nicolas K, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

As for the free internet I would like to inform you that as of the 1st of July we provide our guests with the complimentary internet in rooms too.

Best Regards

nicolas a. kipper | general manager | marriott moscow grand | 26/1 tverskaya | 125009 moscow | russia | 7 495 937 00 02

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The location is good walking distance to many restaurant and shops. A15-20 walk to Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, Red Square, and Moscow Kremlin. Also nearby are St. Basil's Cathedral and Bolshoi Theatre. The facilities themselves are excellent. free wifi in the lobby the cost in the room is $30.00 USA . The Staff were a great help.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Nicolas K, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Jesse J,

Greetings from Moscow Marriott Grand hotel!

We very much appreciate that you spent your time to write a comment on TripAdvisor web site and share an experience of your stay with us.

You indicated in your response that your stay was overall satisfactory except some points. I have taken note of your complaint and would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

I would like to let you know that the chargeable Internet in the rooms is the company policy which is valid in all Marriott hotels around Europe. Also we always have free Internet connection in the lobby.

Starting July this year we provide free internet connection option in the rooms.

Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

If I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Nothing else here is impressive. Plugged shower/tub drain, old carpets, maid hair found in the sink and inside towels (disgusting), coffee maker that for some reason resides on an already cramped desk, waiting for an accident to happen, the list goes on... Has the GM actually tried other modern hotels, prior to charging the business guests rates that would actually justify a 5 star accommodations?

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank misha r
Nicolas K, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marriott Moscow Grand!

Unfortunately we can not investigate any of points mentioned in you comment because we don’t know your name and can not recognize you as our guest.

We will be happy to come back to you with proper response as soon as you provide us with your name.

Anyway we would like to inform you that all points that you mentioned in your comment were immediately brought to the attention of the appropriate departments.

Best regards

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Good location, clean hotel, nice staff, has ac, currency exchange. Not sure what else wants in a hotel. Would stay again. The walk to Red Square is about 1.3 miles. Safe walk and is a straight shot. Be careful of cabs as they can be expensive. One charged me $30 USD for a 3 mile drive.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ron D

Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I booked the trip, I wanted to stay in an American chain for my first trip to Russia.
So, I got most of what I expected. Clean sheets. Clean bathroom. Decent service
As in all European hotels, an excellent buffet breakfast. I got to eat more salmon and herring than I have seen an ages, If I bought it at home, $100 per meal. In this hotel, just part of the buffet.
The dinner in the hotel was good. Expensive beer in the Lobby Bar; fee for Wifi in the room, but free in the lobby.
20 minute walk to Red Square, the Bolshoi, and all of the old city places.
Easy walk to the Metro.
Constant traffic on the street, and so bad that you must use underpasses to cross.
I would stay here again, just not drink the beer in the Lobby Bar.
All in all, it met my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave-Marilyn-15301
Nicolas K, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

As for the free internet in the room I would like to inform you that as of 1st of July we have free wi fi in the room.

2013 – the  winner of Travellers' Choice® by TripAdvisor

Reviewed June 26, 2014

No, I am not an Ugly-American. I do appreciate other people's culture's and food's. However, when i put my 'head to the pillow' I do appreciate that 'my preferences' in linens, towels, floor-level and security have been attended to, prior to arrival!

No late-night arrival's her with nasty surprises. Just what you expect from a solid 4* Marriott property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig L
Nicolas K, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

The points that you mentioned in your comment were immediately brought to the attention of the appropriate departments.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

A good 4* hotel. Everything can be accessed on foot, Kremlin etc and there are plenty of shops and Eatery close by.
Security on the door ensures there is no trouble of any kind.
The lounge/Residents Bar is very Sterile, there are better places to relax close by.
Breakfast is very good and the room and facilities are fine.
Service is good for Eastern European standards,
You will be comfortable staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends