“Best choice if you have High Marriott status”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #20 of 316 Hotels in Moscow
Virginia
“Best choice if you have High Marriott status”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Hotels are expensive in Moscow and that includes amenities such as meals and wifi. This property is a very reasonable Category 5 and has an excellent location. If you have high status the breakfast buffet and wifi are free. Otherwise, skip them. I'm a walker but will disagree that hiking to Red Square is an attractive option - better to take the Metro.

Staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Bedtime chocolate on pillow was a nice touch. Room felt much like a Stateside Marriott with the exception of the bathtub which is long and deep compared to USA.

Water pressure was low and wifi could not cope with FaceTime. Public wifi in lobby has better bandwidth.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirbyk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Facilities are excellent. After spending some time in Sochi for the Games, it was great to be able to relax in a full service hotel. Side note: accommodations in Sochi were not nearly as bad as they were portrayed on TV. Back to the Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, it is located really well. Within walking distance of Red Square and Kremlin, granted it's a fairly long walk. We visited in the cold Moscow winter and wished we had taken a cab. It's probably perfect in the summer. Tverskaya Street where the hotel is located is where all of the high end retail is located and there is great dining and nightlife nearby.

The hotel bar is expensive beyond belief. It was $22 USD for two medium cups of coffee. My only complaint is that wifi is not free. For as much as a room costs each night, I don't appreciate being nickel and dimed over wifi. Overall it's a great place and highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ReggieMack
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've stayed here about 5 times over the last 6 months. I return because the rooms are clean, the showers work well and the 24 hour gym is excellent.

Positives: Good sleep, staff always seem friendly and efficient. Cleanliness. Fast WiFi most of the time. Excellent breakfast buffet that starts at 6.30am.

Negatives: A few very small points below where things could be a little better.

1) Very annoying that the WiFi needs the room number re-entering every 24 hours - usually in the middle of an important conference call. It's just not funny being cut-off for the sake of entering my name and room number in a captive portal and so unnecessary when the hotel knows I'm checked in for several days.

2) Breakfast starts at 6.30am (which is great, unlike some hotels that start too late). The buffet is a very good spread (smoked salmon - yum), but the coffee isn't to my taste (grim drip coffee) and the milk always seems to arrive on the tables some 10 minutes after breakfast starts. Solution: use the milk intended for cereal.

3) In room coffee is just a couple of cheap Nescafe sachets and two mini cream pots. At least it's not powered whitener, but the offer is barely up to modern standards.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank knigma
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

The points that you mentioned on your comment has been taken care seriously. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here for 5 night. Nice hotel, comfortable rooms but room quite old. The hotel is located close to Center of Moscow, It's right in the heart of Moscow on Tversakaya street which we can walk to Red square, Kremlin or Arbat. I always walked to these places rather than use the Metro. The location of the hotel located very near to the Tverskaya Metro station which we can use the metro to wander around Moscow.

Staffs are nice. The room was good . The bathroom amenities provided shower gel, shampoo and conditioner only. This hotel rated as 5 star hotel but bath room amenities very simple like 3 star hotel. No cotton bud , No shave gel…etc…

The breakfast was buffet style not so much choices and seems that same menu provided every day except only Potato. I stayed this hotel 5 night but had to eat the same menu everyday so this is not the good deal for me. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Room on the side of Tverskaya street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Guy S
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. The points that you mentioned about Breakfast on your comment has been taken care seriously for future improvement. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Also I would like to inform you that we can provide you with extra bathroom amenities upon your request.

I truly hope that the above mentioned inconvenience has not marred your opinion of the Marriott Grand and look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I frequently stay in Moscow for business. I always use Marriott Grand. The rooms are nice and clean. The room cleaning is very good. I visit the Health Club almost everyday. They have good Instruments and machines in rhe Gym. The Trainers are very nice and supportive.
I highly recommend this Hotel

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Best Regards

Sinan Koseoglu

Director of Operations

Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I like to have a nice gym in the hotel and this one is good as I can do almost all my training. Some more equipment would be great but it's still one of the best hotel gyms I've been to. Also spa and sauna is nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014

Best Regards

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nice and typical Marriott brand Hotel.
Very comfortable guest room, nice bar with the standard choice of food and drinks that you expect to find in any Marriott around the world. No surprises and that is very good.
The only detail that disappointed me was the fact that upon check-in I was offered the choice of a king size bedroom which had a shower (no bathtub) or a guest room with 2 beds but with bathtub. I said if this was the only difference that I would prefer the king size bedroom. well in fact i was accommodated in a special room for handicap guests in which the shower was in fact an open space inside the bathroom with no door or protection, designed to guests in a wheelchair. In fact I couldn't care less if the bathroom was designed for handicap guests. What irritated me was the fact that the front office attendant did not advise me of this in advance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Best regards,