“Beautiful, but pricey”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #18 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This very nicely maintained and decorated hotel is well-located for both business and tourism in the heart of Moscow. I'll agree with some of the other writers that the gym is good. It's not great, but certainly equipped better than the average hotel. The executive lounge is great, spacious with plentiful food and good service. The restaurants on the property leave a bit to be desired I have to say. They have a stuffy feeling to them, the food is average and the prices are very high...especially considering the quality. Of course, if you eat in the hotel, you're missing out on a ton of great places within a mile or so. In general, if you want a nice place to sleep, wake, workout, eat breakfast then leave for the rest of the day, I don't think you'll be disappointed...as long as you can afford the prices..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

I truly hope that the above mentioned inconvenience has not marred your opinion of the Marriott Grand and look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was a guest in the 28th of April, and i have to say that the Gym from the hotel is really good, i was training there, the stuff is really friendly and helpful, specially Hugo Machado, who is personal trainner, and helped me a lot with my trainning. I definitly recommend from now on to everybody to visit the Gym of Marriot Grand! Vânia

• Stayed: April 2014
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent hotel in the center of Moscow! Mainly due to the staff. For me, it is also important to keep in shape while traveling and the hotel gym offers a good opportunity to do so, especially in the personal trainer Hugo's help. He has instructed me now for several times and I can't wait for the next meeting! I highly recommend Hugo, he's professional and super friendly. He has also educated me in many other aspects of wellness besides exercise, including nutrition guidelines.
Gym itself is not big, but very well equipped. I travel a lot around Europe, and this gym is one of the best.

As a platinum member, I have access to Lounge and I have to give a good feedback of it's staff also, especially to Lidia. She is always happy and friendly (like everyone else in the lounge, but I don't know their names). Even though I have the right to a buffet breakfast downstairs, I go for breakfast in the lounge as there is a pleasant atmosphere (very quiet in the morning).

The rooms are a bit old fashioned (such as the hotel itself), but they are clean and that's the most important thing.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed here a couple years ago and I think I wrote a review back then. Some people seem to see it differently from me. I had kind service at the counter, the concierge was super nice and gave us terrific restaurant ideas within walking distance (check on Jon Joli or the Pavilion), the breakfast staff were kind as well. Internet speeds are around 5 mbs up and down and was no charge to me. Location is handy - it's a nice walk down to Red Square. Hell, I don't know what some people's problems are - I like this hotel and I'm writing this from my room after staying here a week. And I guarantee I'll be back next time I come to Moscow.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I love Marriott hotels, being a Gold Elite Marriott member, and I can tell one thing - this hotel belongs to a Marriott family by mistake. No famous Marriott design, lack of service, old-fashioned rooms with hospital-like bathrooms. Business lounge is tiny and always crammed. The hotel Location though is definitely an advantage. I would not stay again and would not recommend it as a Marriott standard hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Berendei
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Your comments are very valued for us.

I would like to note that many guests praise our hotel style as classic Marriott style.

Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. However we took your points into consideration for future improvement.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

I would appreciate if you elaborate your concern via e-mail.

Best regards,

Elena Dementieva,

edementieva@marriott-moscow.ru

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Pluses-
Very big rooms, with couch and table area.
King beds are indeed king, and very comfortable. Beautiful bedding, pillows, the works.
Free wifi in lobby.
Excellent breakfast, caviar, salmon, very good choice of meats, cheeses, hot made to order egg station.
Decent service at bar, most staff is attentive and courteous.
Food in restaurant served in buffet for conferences is surprisingly good.
Very central location.
Mixed-
Reception staff at check in indifferent.
Minuses-
20 euros per 24 hours for wifi in room! For a guest paying close to 350 euros per night!
Room decor is exhaustingly old fashioned and boring. Decent shape, but boring.
No walk in shower, just the old fashioned bath to climb into.
Coffee in room- nescafe baggies- what else to say...
Coffee and tea in bar is pretty lousy, for 10euros a cup that is not right. Many people complain about prices for drinks, but when the quality is awesome, its one thing. When the quality is not there at all, that is another story entirely.
Bottom line-
Decent I guess, but for an extra 100euros there is true luxury in all senses to be had elsewhere in Moscow.

4  Thank halfad0zen

Dear Guest,

The points that you mentioned on your comment has been taken care seriously for future refurbishment.

Also I would like to inform you that our prices might seem expensive compared to other cities but they reflect pricing tariffs applied by most 5 star hotels in Moscow.

I truly hope that the above mentioned inconveniences has not marred your opinion of the Marriott Grand and look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a nice hotel under the Marriott's standard of properties. Staff is very polite, nice and helpful. Restaurant is really good and offers a great variety. Gym is small, but well equipped. Room is comfy and has good size.

Room Tip: There are non-smoking rooms available in the hotel.