“Great hotel and well located”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #17 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
Brisbane, Australia
“Great hotel and well located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I had to go to Moscow for work and stsyed at this hotel. Great, friendly staff and very well located. I walked to Red square (about 15 to 20 mins) and the Kremlin. There is a Starbucks next door as well as a KFC along with plenty of restaurants to choose from. A little expensive but excellent location.

1 Thank Kevin A
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

skoseoglu@marriott-moscow.ru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jupiter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family and I just spent a week at the Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, and we had a wonderful time. The staff is very friendly and prompt with service requests. Our check in clerk Ekaterina (with the long brown hair, as there are two) couldn't have been friendlier and took very good care of our family. She spotted a minor error in our reservation and corrected it immediately. She provided us with information about the city and served as a goodwill ambassador to the city, as well as back-up concierge. While some of the other comments on this property seem to downplay its atmosphere as being too American, my family and I felt that that was one of its best assets after spending a day in a city where there is very little English translation, and the Cyrillic alphabet is impossible to decipher. We have traveled quite a bit of Europe, so let me tell you this can be quite an issue.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, and are very clean. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby. My only knock to this property is that there are supposed to be guest accessible ice machines on certain floors, but the few that I tried to use were in locked rooms with no access to guests. Try to get a rate that includes the buffet breakfast as it is well worth it. I highly recommend this property to anybody visiting Moscow who wants a good value in a great location!

Room Tip: Our room faced the interior courtyard and was very quiet, but the windows are double-pained so I don...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LarryJupiter
MarriottMoscowGrand, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

The points that you mentioned on your comment has been taken care seriously. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel has all you expect from a good Marriott, nice rooms and bathrooms, good fitness centre, great buffet breakfast, tea/coffee/ironing facilities in the room. It is close to metro station and Sheremetyevo airport train. The hotel is a bit dated but in a nice way.
The only thing that puts me off somewhat is the price, but I guess that´s Moscow for you. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can walk to Red Square, it will take you just 15 to 20 mins.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Liv V
Dear Guest,

Also I would like to inform you that our prices might seem expensive compared to other cities but they reflect pricing tariffs applied by most 5 star hotels in Moscow.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a typical Marriott property in every way. It was hard to remember we were in Russia until we walked out the door. The rooms were great. We dined in our room the first night and the food and table service were as good as we would have expected had we visited the restaurant.

The breakfast buffet included with our room every day was as fine as one costing $50 or more in the USA. The only think better which comes to mind is the Sunday Brunch at Hotel Del Coronado, which costs quite a lot more.

The bell captain and his staff were probably the most professional and courteous I've ever dealt with. Each one was fluent in English and probably several other languages. They clearly intended to assist us in any way possible and did it with such a pleasant attitude that we wanted to (and did) over tip.

The desk staff was a little less proficient in foreign languages, but communication was usually not difficult. I really tried to learn some basic Russian before traveling, but we would have been helpless if it had depended on me.

My only complaint is the same as at all Marriotts and other big franchises. I don't like paying $13 per day for wi-fi access. The smallest motel and most inexpensive chains in the US offer it for free, and it seems like a place with so many amenities could figure out another way to make an extra buck. There is free wi-fi in the lobby - the chairs there were full of travelers with their laptops, tablets and smart phones.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David_Jones2014
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Mr.Sinan Koseoglu is very helping and problem solving. Thank you Sinan for making our stay Spectacular. We will be recommending this hotel to all our colleagues. A perfect management makes this hotel your home in Moscow.

• Stayed February 2014
Izmir, Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

we stayed in Mariott Moscow in Feb. 2014. staff was excellent, management helped us everything for room arrangement and foods were best in moscow. thank you very much again for finding us tickets for our favourite operas. They make real our dreams :)

Room Tip: bst hotel in moscow
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Levent K
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in November while on a business trip to Moscow. My husband had stayed here before so we knew it was a safe choice. It is a well located hotel, within easy walking distance of the main tourist attractions and shopping areas.

Good points

The room was comfortable, spacious and well lit. We had access to the Executive Lounge where I spent a couple of hours reading and drinking coffee and the staff were very friendly. The staff at reception and in the bar were very efficient and the whole hotel seemed clean and well maintained.

Less good points

We had booked a hotel car to pick us up at the airport but this seemed to have been overlooked so we had to take the train. This actually worked out ok as we had a member of our Russian office staff pick us up at the station and we missed most of the rush hour traffic, but had this been our first trip to Moscow this would have been quite a problem as we would not have wanted to pick up a regular taxi at the airport. The hotel did offer us a car tour of the city but as this was a business trip we did not have time.

Also our bath leaked all over the floor every time it was used. The cleaning staff were aware of this and gave us extra towels but it was not fixed during our four day stay.

Something to also be aware of is the fact that people still smoke indoors in Russia and although you can sit at a non-smoking table you still leave stinking of cigarette smoke.This was always the case at the hotel bar.

Overall we had a comfortable stay at this hotel and may stay there again on our next trip to Moscow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. The points that you mentioned in your comment have been taken care of seriously.

We would like to inform you that there are expected rules changes in Russia regarding propitiation of in door smoking acts in 2014. If this implementation will be implemented all indoor areas will be smoke free in Russia.

Best regards,