“Magnificent in every way”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #18 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
London, United Kingdom
“Magnificent in every way”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A stunning hotel, right in the heart of the city, within a few minutes walk of Red Square and the Kremlin.

The staff were friendly (by Russian standards) and very attentive, the food was good and there was a fellow playing the piano in the lobby, in the evening, which made it a very pleasant place to hang out.

My only criticism would be that although there is free WiFi in the lobby, the 'in room' WiFi was hideously expensive.

1 Thank Julian S
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

As for the free internet we follow Marriott International’s guidelines to offer free wi fi in the public areas only!

Many thanks once again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our property.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had to wait at least 15 minutes before a counter became available for check in, so was not well disposed to start with. General decor of the hotel bland. Then the room was small and the traffic noise incessant. Woke up to the sound of plumbing at 430. Breakfast was good, with a broad choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have taken note of your comments about the check in process. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This has been shared with all concerned.

As for the general décor I will make sure it is taken in consideration for future enhancement.

I also have taken note of your comments about the noisy room and I have taken corrective action concerning the room allocation and added notes in your profile to highlight your preference.

I hope that the above mentioned points have not marred your opinion of our hotel and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our property.

Melbourne
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in July. The hotel is what one would expect of a quality 5 star hotel. Breakfast excellent but busy. Thehotel is about a 10 to 15 minute stroll to Red Square etc and close to the main Moscow business district. Recommended hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a good hotel with great access to the major tourist and business areas of the city (Tverskaya street, Red Square etc). Rooms are big and well-equipped. The breakfast is great with a wide selection of cold meat, cheese, pastry, "English breakfast" and even caviar.
For me the most disappointing thing was the lack of free wifi. It was only free in the lobby (in the rooms they charged a very high fee) - so it was quite funny to see all the people sitting in the lobby at nights with their laptops and tablets...
The staff is not very friendly - but I think it is "normal" in Moscow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments.

I have taken note of your comments about the free internet and I would like to inform you that we follow Marriott International’s guidelines to offer free wi fi in the public areas only!

As for the staff please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This has been shared for immediate corrective action to prevent such situation re-occurring.

I truly hope that the above mentioned inconvenience has not marred your opinion of the Marriott Grand and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our property.

Willebroek, Belgium
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days during a business trip. Classy hotel, rooms are nice and quiet, staff is very helpfull. Breakfast is great. Bar service is excellent. Access to subway is fairly close by.
In all, it was an excellent hotel for our short stay in Moscow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

Beit Dagan, Israel
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Definitely the best 4-star hotel I have ever been stayed in. Good room, good bed (not a soft crap, thank God), great-great breakfast (caviar included).
The bar is a bit-expensive, but THIS IS MOSCOW, so, what can you do.

Alexander,

As for the prices you are right that they might seem expensive compared to other cities but they reflect pricing tariffs applied by most 5 star hotels in Moscow.

Many thanks once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Best regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel has a great location with easy access to the Metro and within walking distance to Red Square/Kremlin. Our room was spacious and we thoroughly enjoyed the Concierge floor where we ate breakfast every morning. However, we choose this hotel because we wanted access to a concierge since we don't speak Russian. Unfortunately, the young man who always seemed to be on duty when we needed assistance, was not very helpful. Eventually we stopped asking for help if we saw he was on duty. We left very early one morning to catch a train to St. Petersberg. We had ordered a taxi the night before. The driver spoke no English and no one from the hotel offered assistance. We weren't even sure if we had the correct taxi. I must say I was disappointed in the service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryanne,

As for the poor customer service I can only apologize for the inconvenience caused and this has been shared for immediate corrective action to prevent such situation re-occurring.