“Great location , quiet rooms”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in July. The hotel is what one would expect of a quality 5 star hotel. Breakfast excellent but busy. Thehotel is about a 10 to 15 minute stroll to Red Square etc and close to the main Moscow business district. Recommended hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Grand Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

Many thanks once again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our property.

There are newer reviews for Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a good hotel with great access to the major tourist and business areas of the city (Tverskaya street, Red Square etc). Rooms are big and well-equipped. The breakfast is great with a wide selection of cold meat, cheese, pastry, "English breakfast" and even caviar.
For me the most disappointing thing was the lack of free wifi. It was only free in the lobby (in the rooms they charged a very high fee) - so it was quite funny to see all the people sitting in the lobby at nights with their laptops and tablets...
The staff is not very friendly - but I think it is "normal" in Moscow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments.

I have taken note of your comments about the free internet and I would like to inform you that we follow Marriott International’s guidelines to offer free wi fi in the public areas only!

As for the staff please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This has been shared for immediate corrective action to prevent such situation re-occurring.

I truly hope that the above mentioned inconvenience has not marred your opinion of the Marriott Grand and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in our property.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days during a business trip. Classy hotel, rooms are nice and quiet, staff is very helpfull. Breakfast is great. Bar service is excellent. Access to subway is fairly close by.
In all, it was an excellent hotel for our short stay in Moscow.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Definitely the best 4-star hotel I have ever been stayed in. Good room, good bed (not a soft crap, thank God), great-great breakfast (caviar included).
The bar is a bit-expensive, but THIS IS MOSCOW, so, what can you do.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Alexander,

As for the prices you are right that they might seem expensive compared to other cities but they reflect pricing tariffs applied by most 5 star hotels in Moscow.

Many thanks once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel has a great location with easy access to the Metro and within walking distance to Red Square/Kremlin. Our room was spacious and we thoroughly enjoyed the Concierge floor where we ate breakfast every morning. However, we choose this hotel because we wanted access to a concierge since we don't speak Russian. Unfortunately, the young man who always seemed to be on duty when we needed assistance, was not very helpful. Eventually we stopped asking for help if we saw he was on duty. We left very early one morning to catch a train to St. Petersberg. We had ordered a taxi the night before. The driver spoke no English and no one from the hotel offered assistance. We weren't even sure if we had the correct taxi. I must say I was disappointed in the service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Maryanne,

As for the poor customer service I can only apologize for the inconvenience caused and this has been shared for immediate corrective action to prevent such situation re-occurring.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We travelled with Trafalgar so this was the hotel they booked. The hotel was extremely beautiful and elegant. We had breakfast included with our stay and the buffet was extremely good, which included made to order omelets. A metro stop was very close to the hotel but we choose to walk to the Kremlin / Red Square area. The hotel rooms were nicely furnished and all of the hotel employees from front desk, concierge to the wait staff were very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Karen,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My hosts put me up in this very nice hotel - great quality, clean and efficient. Good wifi and really a great location, walking distance to subway and to Kremlin. I only had breakfast here, but the buffets were great - all you could want and all you can eat!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Best regards,