“Mariott - Moscow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 308 Hotels in Moscow
Palm Beach, Florida
“Mariott - Moscow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Lovely hotel, great and convenient location. Beautiful spa / indoor pool. Massage therapist was wonderful - found my trigger spots without conversation. Great work out room. Had dinner 1 night and breakfast at the hotel - superb!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Huge luxury modern hotel ideal to accommodate and friendly serve a mass touristic groups , reception capable to check in / check out more than one group in a minutes with a large smile ,
as well and in parallel the concierge do the same for baggage up/down.
Rooms are convenient ,clean ,large ,good bath rooms .Hotel is well located close to main metro station ,red square at walking distance , shopping , fast food ,restaurants within walking steps.
5/6 indoor luxury restaurants offers fantastic foods , amazing lobby bar , good breakfast varity and quality, free Wi-Fi in the lobby

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ibrahim G

Chadds Ford, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a luxury hotel with all the modern, American style amenities. The room was very large, with well appointed bathroom and great food in the restaurant. Wifi in the lobby only, which is a bit inconvenient. The staff handled a large group easily. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments.

As for the free internet we follow Marriott International’s guidelines to offer free wifi in the public areas only!

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Marriott Grand. I loved being only a 20 minute walk from Red Square! The hotel was clean, with a very nice lobby, a great lobby bar with friendly servers, and a very nice, large selection at breakfast, including caviar! My only small complaint was that the beds probably need to be replaced, as it was easy to tell which side of the bed most guests slept on... I kept sliding into the human-shaped slump in the bed. All in all though, I thought it was very good value for the money, and would recommend it for first-timers to Moscow. One last note: I speak Russian, so I didn't need to interact with the staff in English, but I did notice that others in my group were interacting only in English, and every staff member they encountered was able to answer questions in English.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard. They are quieter and have a better view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive comments.

As for the beds I will make sure it is taken in consideration for future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel for the Moscow leg of our Monograms Tour. The hotel was about 25-30 mins. walk to Red Square and to the Bolshoi Theater where the hop-on hop-off bus has a stop so it was quite convenient to stay there esp. since we didn't speak Russian and ordinary Russians (except those in the hotel reception and our tour guide) appear to speak very little or no English at all and it was difficult to get around on our own. For the three days that we didn't have a guided tour, we'd walk to Red Square and explore St. Basil's Cathedral, the Gum Dept. Store and other buildings and areas of the Kremlin (all of which are located on or around the square) or take the hop-on, hop-off bus and explore tourist sites and museums (such as the beautiful Cathedral of Christ the Saviour with its golden domes and the Pushkin Museum) that are part of the route. Also, the hotel's concierge was quite helpful in booking taxi services for our trip to the Bolshoi at night to watch the opera La Boheme. In Russia, booking a taxi meant booking private cars so we rode a very classy and expensive looking BMW with a driver who appeared to own the said car. But the best offering of the hotel was its delicious breakfast buffet with a large rectangle honeycomb dripping with flavorful honey which I really loved and still dream of to this day. We had such a heavy and full breakfast that we didn't have to eat lunch. By the way, our trip was in September 2012 but I haven't had the time to write a review until now. To Trip Advisor-sorry, had to click Nov. 2012 as it's the closest date to our actual trip date in your questionnaire. But my writing a review is my way of thanking you for all the reviews, tips and advice which is really invaluable to me as I love to travel. Thanks again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Vicky T

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is located very centrally for all of Moscow's sights, 5 minutes from the closest metro station and others within 10 minutes walk. Some excellent restaurants close by and walking distance to lots of interesting places. The hotel itself is very comfortable, our bedroom was first class and the buffet breakfast top notch. Very friendly staff. A lovely swimming pool with sauna. Our only gripe is that they charge for web access in your room, but it's free in the lobby. Now how does Marriott justify that?

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Elena D, Manager at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations of our efforts. It is always a great pleasure to receive these compliments and I will make sure that it is shared with all concerned.

best regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are Marriott rewards people, so for us, this was good value. We had concierge privileges and the hotel is very convenient. Others found fault with the cleanliness but we really didn't see that. There certainly were a lot of tours in the hotel. But we enjoyed our room, found it functional, the staff were great, and we loved Moscow.