“Convenient business hotel in the city center”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Typical Mariott hotel, well located at Tverskaya street, walking distance from Maykovskaya metro station. Try to get a room with a window to the courtyard as rooms at the main street can get quite noisy. Practical rooms with enough space and a great gym that is open 24 hours and a nice pool with a sauna. A good but expensive restaurant and a bar for snacks and drinks. Nice breakfast buffet with good choice of food. Reception can recommend nice restaurants nearby and also organize transportation which as usual is quite expensive in Russia.

Room Tip: Look for a room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Even in Moscow, standards familiar to Marriott regulars are carefully observed and the guests are treated with great care. Rooms are nicely appointed and well-kept, staff is assertively helpful and pleasant, food in the restaurants is great and the atmosphere is elegant. Thank you so much for making our stay so wonderfully memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. We enjoyed the view of the interior courtyard very much.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good things are

Stayed in exec room which was spacious and everything worked fine
Common rooms ok though piano playing so loud it was almost intrusive
Easy walking distance of Red square in main shopping area

Bad things

Confused service based on poor grasp on English
Inability to provide proper service for requests

Examples

Check in at 3 am for second time in a week where I had left a bag of dirty washing. Asked bag to be delivered so i can get my washing done. They sent someone to pick up washing but no bag....had to go and pick it up myself.

Asked for bathroom scales.....no scales, asked again

Everything I asked for at at your service I needed to ask twice or three times

Was it a disaster no but it did annoy

Generally service was slow

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my second time in this hotel and there is no progress at all. The hotel does not have a 'service' mentality at all and argue or discuss with you. When I checked in, they told me that they have upgraded me to executive room and I have an access to executive lounge. I have not been to executive lounge before therefore I dont understand from this statement that I should pay for regular breakfast and I have free breakfast in the lounge. Therefore I have been to the restaurant on the first day and they asked me to sign the bill and I signed and told them that it should be included in my room rate anyway. When I was checking out, I told them that I wont pay that breakfast and they insisted on telling me that they told it. I was using their hotel cars to go everywhere and pay a lot of money, why should I bother with a breakfast cost? It is not about money but attitude. It was unacceptable. In my next visit to Russia, I will try to avoid the hotel.

1  Thank Nkocak
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip. This hotel was selected on basis of proximity to my client. Room type - Executive level guest room.

The hotel is very smoked-through. I was allocated a non-smoking room but seriously doubt that it was a non-smoking (despite the sign on the door) - or the ventilation brought in smoke from next door? I was virtually chocking on my first night. The room decor is dusty and shabby, and in great need of refurbishment.

Minibar/fridge - not sure if it even exists! What looked like a cupboard door which may hide the minibar was locked solid, and my hectic schedule did not allow me time to even get it UNlocked. As a result, no access to cold drinks in +28 weather outside.

Wi-Fi in rooms is not free, and they charge a hefty RUR 940 for 24 hrs access!! SHAME!!! This is not 5*!

One pair of slippers was provided, which was then removed by housekeeping next day and never replaced. And the carpet is too yucky to walk on barefoot.

The room's double-glazing (double??) is very poor as my room was facing Tverskaya street and it was VERY noisy in the room. I tried to catch on some sleep after an overnight flight and just could not get any quiet.

Bed is VERY soft and spongy, you feel like you're sinking through a cream cake all through the night. Bedlinen is nice though.

They don't provide a nice newspaper in the morning - the Moscow Times does not count as a good newspaper.

Toiletries are VERY basic.

Continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge is a 3-4* shame. 2 x types of yogurt, a meagre amount of scrambled eggs/sausage, some pancakes with sauce, very basic selection of pastries and fruit. NOT NICE. For the same amount of money you can get fabulous michelin-level breakfast at The Ritz-Carlton down Tverskaya Street.

Concierge desk does not pass on messages unless you chase them. I was expecting a delivery and no one even left me a message that it has been delivered - until i came down to the desk and asked. The Ritz would normally just deliver it to your room at any time during the day. My travel agent sent me the boarding pass - again, this never reached me until the checkout time (why can't you push it under the door??).

Overall, very basic and absolutely not good value for money. I will not be coming back - i'd rather walk extra 15 min next time to reach my clients than stay next door at Marriott.

2  Thank BetsyUK
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Im a fan of Marriott and this one does not fail to please. Close to red SQ and other attractions this hotel ticks the Marriott expectations box. Staff speak english well and are eager to help. Rooms are large clean and modern....PLUS QUIET.. you also are in proximity to a few metro lines. The reataurant breakfast is amazing and I wish I could have eaten more. Internet connection was faultless. Its on the pricy side but most things are in Moscow. A good stay and if Im lucky enough to be back then Il stay here again..

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at this Marriott for 3 nights with a tour group. Excellent breakfast and overall more comfortable than the Holiday Inn we stayed in St. Petersburg. Had trouble closing the bathroom door, called the hotel 3 nights in a row, and finally got a bit frustrated and asked to speak to the manager. Since it was almost 11 pm, I only wanted to inform the manager and did not need to speak the manager in person. The "Manager" who answered implored for me to wait as the manager was coming up to the room and it would only take "2 minutes." 30 minutes later the manager showed up, appeared to understand the issue but did not do anything about the many times it took for us to contact them, lack of privacy during use of the bathroom for 3 nights (sharing a room with mom), and the length of time to wait for him to arrive--very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family