“Excellent location & faultless service”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #18 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Good location. Near the metro but it was only a 20 minute walk to red square so didn't need to use it .
Efficient check in. Large well equipped room, high standard furnishings throughout.only wifi in the lobby, not in rooms.
Excellent buffet breakfast,a wide range of good quality food, always well stocked. Efficient & friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DavidGill
There are newer reviews for Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel when I was Gold member of Marriott Rewards program.
I was traveling alone on the business trip

This hotel is one of my favourities in Moscow. Not only it is centrally located just on Tverskaya street, it is close to Kremiln, subway and there's a lot of places to eat around.

The hotel selling point is its location as well as its concierge lounge - one of the best lounges in Marriott properties I've ever experienced. it has quite extensive dinner service always with 2 hot options, salads/canapes and sweets. Alcoholic drinks (red/white wines - although of a table qualityand beer) are also free from I believe 5:30pm to 7pm. It has several daily newspapers, magazines and couple of PCs connected to the internet with the printer. Lounge also serves breakfast with choices somewhat more limited than the restaurant downstairs, but still adequate

Check in and check out was flawless. My gold status was recognized and I received the room on the concierge floor (top floor). My request for a quiet room facing courtyard was honored. Upon arrival to the room I was greeted with the plate of fruits and the letter thanking me for staying with this particular Marriott for 5th time - nice touch they checked. There is currency exchange office and an ATM near the reception.

Room was large with king size bed, working desk, sofa and couple of chairs. Bathroom was large with shower over bathtub, standard Marriott varieties of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel, and bottled water (Aqua minerale) replenished daily. Room also had a minibar with exorbitant prices (e.g. $12 for a bottle of local beer), but this relates to entire hotel - bars and restaurants downstairs are as expensive. Tip: if you would like to have a bottle of wine to enjoy in the evening, exit the hotel, turn left and in 300 meters there will be reliable wine store (aromatic world - Ароматный мир" in Russian) - they even accept credit cards.

Staff is one of the best as far as Moscow hotels are concerned. English speaking, attentive and unobtrusive. Lounge attendants are also one of the best I've ever seen.

Internet was provided for free as a benefit to Marriott Gold member, was fast and reliable.

Breakfast was included into my rate and was served in downstairs restaurant. Breakfast selection was very wide, it is one of the few hotels I ever visited that serve salmon caviar and eggs benedict for breakfast. If it is not included into the price, prepare to pay around $30.

I have not visited any other restaurants inside the hote - one can get a heart attack by just looking at the prices in the menu. Given that and the fact that nearest restaurant is in 20 meters from hotel entrance, I would recommend eating out - there are literally hundreds of cafes and restaurants within one mile radius from the hotel.

I usually use taxi 956 while in Moscow - they are always reliable, never (yet) forgot about my order, and charge by the meter (except airport transfers).

Bottom line - for me it continues to be one of the best Marriott branded hotel in Moscow (Arguably, Marriott Aurora is little better but then it is also more expensive).
If anyone has any questions reated to this hotel I will be glad to answer (if I know the answer) - just ask.

Room Tip: if you want quieter room ask for the one facing courtyard - traffic noise can be heard in rooms faci...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank avsm
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spent five nights, slept well. felt at ease. Staff understood and spoke English well. I did not eat at the restaurants, which were pricy compared to what was nearby. The location was excellent, close to two Metro Stations, with plenty of amenities close by. Expect to pay for internet in your room or head to the lobby for free internet, most all nearby restaurants also offer free internet.

Room Tip: If your trip is on a parade day (including practice) ie. Victory day, get a street view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Grand for 3 days as part of a tour package. Breakfast was included, so I didn't have the problem of paying as an individual. We were told by our tour director that it would be the best hotel of the 3 we would be staying at and she was right. Breakfast was good and they served red caviar which I wanted to try. After the first day, I didn't try it any more. During my stay, we had 2 dinners which I thought were excellent. Again, I didn't know how expensive the dinners were as they were included as part of the tour. My niece and I walked from Red Square to the hotel in about 30 minutes. It was quite an adventure since we had to cross some of the streets via underground tunnel which lead to other streets as well. We also followed the crowd when traffic was heavy so we wouldn't get run over. There are restaurants along the way to Red Square such as McDonald's where I had a cup of coffee that cost $3+ and the place was really crowded. It took 12 minutes to get my order in. As for time, it was 5 minutes to McDonald's. However there are other restaurants which we tried because we wanted Russian food. Within a minute or two we found one restaurant in the basement of a building which served your food in plastic containers which we took to our hotel room. The problem came when we came to the cashier we didn't understand a word she said...we just paid the amount on the cash register. We didn't try the hotel's restaurants but I hear they were quite expensive. The Blue Line Metro comes within a block of the hotel. And we hit it during rush hour, so we were crushed in like sardines.

Room Tip: The people there speak English. So make it clear what kind of room you want and they will accommoda...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank raygar07Fullerton_CA
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the Grand for 7 weeks for work. Firstly you must note all International hotels in Moscow are insanely expensive for what you get. If you make your peace with that, the hotel is in an excellent location, walking distance from the red square and several restaurants within minutes of the hotel. Although I have to say as like many Marriot's the hotel is dated and could do with a face lift for the rooms. The lounge on the executive floor is a little cramped and the options are limited. During the winter it maybe really cold inside but the rooms are really warm and you need to open the windows the get an ideal temperature to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here on business for 3 nights and it was typical Marriott, i.e. nice on the surface but nothing was included and it is really expensive.

Breakfast was £33.00 and was horrible. Yes £33.00 for a bowl of mixed fruit a slice of toast and a cup of coffee!

Internet as usual not included and expensive.

Bar prices were outrageous, a single (small) shot of vodka was £15.00

I've had this in several Marriott now and as a loyalty card holder it is becoming tiresome. In fact my group have booked elsewhere for our Moscow business trip.

Plus side, it's in a good location, the room was comfortable and cooled and the staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Get breakfast included if you can
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Englisher
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Moscow is an expensive city and this hotel is no exception. However, the service was very good and the place was amazing. Great location as well and close to public transportation, so you can reach sightseeing places easily.
Breakfast was fantastic but some of the Russian dishes look a bit odd early in the morning, so we avoided those

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple