I choose marriott grand to avoid any hassle (especially language) that may result if I wrongly choose a hotel in moscow. Okay this is not a planned tour, just a day stopover. My taxi dropped me at Tverskaya side of hotel, not the main entrance but on a shopping arcade connected to the hotel’s restaurant. Although there was a staff near the hotel’s door but he did not show any effort to help with my big luggage or even just say good morning (Ok, not the best first impression). The rest are acceptable except some language barrier (For example : I asked bellboy, “where is the toilet… ?” and found out that he cannot speak english – so he has to call his friend just to tell where the toilet is) and the outdated bathroom.
1. Location. Well, not superb location but still reachable within sight – 5 minutes walk to the nearest Metro station, and about 30 minutes walk to Kremlin. Near money changers, shopping area, and for sure : safe place.
2. Super Fast internet.
3. Comfort bed
4. Helpful Concierge guy
1. English capability of the doorman, housekeeping, and waitress
2. No warm welcome from hotel staff; no initiative to greet, or help with my luggage. The doorman even leave me when I asked to take a picture at the hotel lobby (Hopefully those are because of english capability, otherwise, I am very disappointed with the service) – Exception is given to concierge guy who is very helpful.
3. Room are very…very standard (but very spacious). No sign of luxury except comfortable bedding. At the same price, you can get luxurious room at other countries, but…well, its moscow….everything is expensive. So live with it
4. Bathroom is outdated, really! Not an italian marble, but just a descent ceramic with dull color.
5. Passing restaurant tables to get to/from Tverskaya entrace is very inconvenient as you have to pass many people sitting in restaurant.
1. Write down hotel telp. number when you go to moscow. You really can’t rely on taxi driver when you are lost.
2. Ask for pocket maps from concierge
3. Using hotel transport in cash is much cheaper than charging the cost to your bill. Well, using taxi is cheaper, off course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on Tverskaya street for business travelers and tourists, nearby business centers and historical places of interest: Red Square and Bolshoi theater. Moscow Marriott Grand hotel is known for impeccable service and event facilities. Our specious rooms and suites offer wonderful amenities. Stay fit in Grand Fitness Gym featuring modern equipment and indoor pool. With Grand Alexander restaurant, reflecting the very best of international cuisine, Samobranka restaurant, known for Sunday brunches, grand lobby with glass dome and fountain, you will have treasured memories of your visit. Over 855sq m of event space in Moscow city center, there is no better place to host business meetings, conferences, weddings and grand social events than in Moscow Grand hotel where creative on-site and outside catering and assistance of professional event managers are set to ensure success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Moscow
- Moscow Marriott