Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
$148
TripAdvisor
$105
  • Restaurant
AZIMUT Hotel Tulskaya Moscow(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
$279
$258
Travelocity
  • Pool
Katerina City Hotel(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$80
$61
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$927
$747
$355
1,596 results
All reviewsred squaretverskaya streetnice hotelexecutive loungelobby barbit datedconcierge deskbusiness tripquality hotelminute walkfitness centertour groupbreakfast buffetcentral locationcomfortable roomsmetro stationnon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed there in February 2012 fora business trip. When i arrived at the hotel I was slightly concerned that there is a metal detector at the front door but I did not notice anything disturbing going on.
At check in there was only a twin room in the non-smoking section of the hotel. Travelling on my own this did not bother me.
the room itself was quiet large and quiet. Everything was clean and well maintained and the room was nice and warm (considering the outside tempature).
Breakfast at the hotel consisted of a large buffet which should satisfy every taste. The staff were helpfull and plesant during my stay.
The only downside (though not one for the hotel, its just common practice over there) is that smoking is allowed in the lobby and bars of the hotel. Slightly uncomfortable being a non-smoker.
Other than that I would recommend this hotel.
The hotel itself is a bit pricy but I believe that is the norm in Moscow.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scoopy_1
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Spent two nights here on a business trip in February 2012. The first thing to note is that this hotel is very close to Mayakovskaya metro station, but not easy to find from here. You can get the Airport express from Domodedovo to Paveletskaya Station, then a direct metro to Mayakovskaya. Coming out of the station, you are faced with a statue directly in front of you, turn right and then directly right again onto Tverskaya St. You are on the wrong side of the road to the hotel and need to go past the hotel on the left to the subway opposite the InterContinental and go b ack on yourself. If you pass the Intercontinental on your left, you have gone too far. The signage for the Marriott is not good at all. Don't make the same mistake as us, walking further and further down Tverskaya in -20 with two suitcases in the hope of finding the hotel! The hotel is literally 100m from the metro station.

Our room was quite pokey - maybe because we booked using Marriott points for one night and paid for the second night only. There was only one dressing gown, and very stingey amenities considering the price (no complimentary toothbrush, comb etc). It was however pleasant to be able to open the window and let in some fresh (albeit freezing) air, when I often find that windows are locked. The bed was very comfortable, but the rooms were over heated and stuffy.

Breakfast was your typical massive hotel buffet at £30 a head. We could however had had breakfast in the lobby bar, for what we wanted (coffee, juice and toast) this works out far cheaper. Alternatively there is a Starbucks practically next door.

The main thing that impressed about this hotel was the concierge desk. We were helped by a trainee named Roman, who was more than helpful in organising a taxi from the station at St Petersburg to our onward hotel, producing maps and generally going above and beyond.

This is a good business hotel, very corporate and quite impersonal. It annoys me that at a hotel used for business that internet is not included in the already extravagant price. I paid for 24hrs internet in my room, and was disappointed that to get online in the lobby I had to re-register and pay again.

I am not sure I would return to the Marriott Moscow Grand: it is an ok but not great location for business. I think that there are better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank WoodTiger77
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed here over easter. We had a double room which was perfect for us. I would recommend staying here if you are on a visit to Moscow. The only problem... they charge extra for each room service visit and it is not cheap

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamie F
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed from Jan 23 through Jan 27. The stay was flawless. From day 1 the concierge service were extremely helpful. They would go out of the way to help you. They would explain directions and take their time with you. In addition to their native Russian, they all spoke English.

The rooms were a good size a very clean. The bathrooms were big and clean.

The health club was open 24 hours with a good number of machines. The restaurant was very good.

The hotel's location is excellent. It is about 1/2 mile from Red Square. About 1/2 block away there is a Starbucks and a 24 hour Supermarket. A couple more blocks down there is the Metro.

We wanted to go to St. Petersburg and the Concierge arrange the trip with airline tickets.

We stayed in January when it was very cold outside. We were able to walk down to the metro and explore Moscow.

If one hasn't been to Moscow before (like me), I can see how it would be difficult to choose a place to stay. In January I booked this hotel using Orbitz. It was about $273 per night + taxes which turned out to be around $323/night. Was it worth it? I think every penny. You get what you pay for. I've seen more expensive places , but I can't imagine a better stay than this one.
The visa invitation (for US residents) was sent immediately. At the end of the stay I left without a checkout receipted. I emailed them and received it immediately. One has to pay for Wifi in the room (expensive) or simply go down to the lobby and connect for free.

I can't say enough about this hotel. The stay was flawless. There were no surprises. When I return, this is where I'm staying.

(I am not related to, or have any professional relation with this hotel, I just enjoyed it a great deal).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank nanoman123
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The level of service at all levels of the hotel is excellent, helpful and efficient. However, the rooms are dated but eminently acceptable. The pricing of the hotel reflects the fact that it is of a good, but not outstanding, standard, making it a much better proposition to my mind than the higher end hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business