“Excellent!”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #18 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I staying in this hotel for 3 nights and I thought the quality of service was impeccable. The room was big, elegant and clean. Breakfast was superb as well as the restaurant in the hotel. I recommend to try their lunch buffet (excellent price for what you get). The bar also serves good snacks. Staff was very professional and friendly. Location was great too. I will definately stay in this hotel again on my next trip to Moscow.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AliciaBrugge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hotel was extremely good value - wonderful breakfast buffet with an omlette station and good evening menu. Spacious, quiet rooms but you still have to use bottled water. I was told there was a charge to use the computers in the lower level business center, but I went there late in the evening and was told to go ahead and use one - no charge.

The registration and concierge staff were young and frequently gave wrong/misleading information. For example, "it won't be a problem getting a cab after the circus." Dah! There were no cabs to hail; thankfully 2 young Russian girls offered to help us. They called for a cab and then came back to us in about 20 minutes and helped us look for the cab's plate number. Another time I was told the only way to get tickets to the circus was to pay cash at the hotel; I wanted to charge it to my credit card - impossible she said - cash only. I told our tour guide; while at the GUM department store she took me to a ticket koisek and got my tickets right away with a credit card. Too bad the girl at the hotel couldn't have told me to do this! I also asked to have my Marriott rewards number added to my reservation; no problem! When I checked out, I learned it had NOT been added.

If you check out very early in the morning, ask registration to have a breakfast bag prepared for you. It was wonderful and quite tasty while waiting at the airport for your flight.

Room Tip: Double check all information you're given from the concierge staff; I think they just don't...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SDCCexhibitor
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Great location; near Red Square. Rooms are large and comfortable for the western traveler. Breakfast is awesome - chef will make your eggs any way you want them and a big buffet with everything. Note that wi-fi and business center costs lots but they are accomodating.

1  Thank Judybop
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Have stayed this week 2 nights at the hotel for a seminar which took place at the hotel as well.
The room I was allocated #385 was very big and comfortable with a large sitting area ..
The only issue was the strong smell of smoke in the room (allthough the room and the entire floor is marked as non smoking one )..
Luckly it is possible to open the double glazed windows so a fresh air can come in and reduce the impact of the bad smell. (not always convenient specially if temp outside drops below freezing point ).
I have asked the reception for a solution and they were very courties by offering to change the room or to try and treat the smell.
I have decided to stay in the room (only 1 additional night ) so within 45 minutes they have taken care and treated the smell with some machines . Situation was much better.
Breakfast is well presented and with a large variety of dishes.
Service to the table and during the meal is quick , even if breakfast room is busy.
The location is very good . 25 minutes relaxed walk to the red square with all the various historical and religious sites as well as the large ,all called Gum .
Very close to the best coffee hose called Pushkin .
Very much suggested to try their pastries . Excelland products.
The function room we have used was clean and wekll equipped .
Coffee breaks were served at the lobby by the banquet room.
Content was very good and sufficiant quantity.
Toilets are clean as well.
Checkout proceedure was prompt , the bill was correct .
If you settel you bill in cash make sure to have Rubals which are the local currency . No other currencies are accept as a method of payment.
There is a change office next to the reception .
Generally it was a very good experience for me .

Room Tip: take the rooms at the far end of the floor they most probably are larger ones that the rest in the c...
1  Thank karl45
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at the Moscow Marriott Grand for 5nights in Sep 2011.
LOCATION:
I thought the location was great - it took about 20-25mins to walk from the hotel down to red square/kremlin, when using the underground walkways. All you had to do was turn left on Tverskaya street and head down so very simple!
ROOMS:
Very spacious rooms - quite a large decent size bathroom as well.
Beds were very comfortable, rooms were light and airy. Bathroom and room were both clean.
STAFF:
The conceirge service were fantastic! They helped me find my way around, always helpful in providing maps, giving clear directions and suggestions! Coundnt fault them, they went out of their way everytime I spoke with them - fantastic!
Room service, maintenance staff (dont speak english but its ok - i just had a prob with my tv), were also VERY prompt and efficient. Fantastic!

The currency exchange office in this hotel is AWFUL! The lady was rude and ignorant and didnt provide any help OR exchange with currency. I am from Australia, but I had USD on me, and she couldnt tell me what the rate of exchange for AUD (fair enough) OR USD was, and just told me to use the ATM. I got given 1000Rub bills out of the ATM, and asked her to change into smaller bills, which I was rudely told no. This is not 5STAR service. Use the ATM, you will of course incur a fee from your bank, but better than getting money out on the street.

Overall I did enjoy my stay here as the location and most of the staff were excellent.
I would recommend this to other travellers who are by themselves or otherwise. Great centrally located hotel with great services.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jen_84_g
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 12 nights in October and I loved it. I was lucky enough that my room rate included breakfast, and being a gold member meant that the internet was free. Had I paid for the internet at approx £110 per week then I might have felt differently.

Given I work particularly long hours I found it very helpful that the gym and pool were open 24 hours a day with these facilities being of a high quality.

Staff were friendly and the location of the hotel, just 20 minutes walk from Red Square make it a winner in my book.

Moscow is generally an expensive city, and so it is hard to grumble at the extortionate costs that you may face in the hotel.

1  Thank Cloughy1
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Very good Hotel, much better than 5 stars Properties. Friendly staff, excellent Buffet Breakfast.
Spacious Rooms.
But they should offer Free Wi Fi...Since many other smaller Hotels throughout Russia offer this as complementary.

The Room rate is high enough...to not have Free Wi Fi...
Anyway is a great Hotel.