“Great location”

Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was my second trip to Moscow and I found the location of this hotel preferrable to my first trip. As a tourist, you can walk to the Kremlin area, the Bolshoi and Tchaikovsky Hall without needing to use the underground system at all. Though I used the underground in 2010 and would recommend giving it a go, the decor in some of the stations is amazing.

This hotel offers what we've come to expect from a Marriott. Very good-sized rooms, everywhere was clean and high-spec (ie nothing old that needed updating). There was a pianist playing in the bar every night which created a lovely atmosphere. The food was good (though expensive but eating out in Moscow is expensive) and the service from the staff was excellent.

Nice leisure complex, pool a good size.

While food and drink is expensive in Moscow, culture is not. If you go to Moscow don't miss the opportunity to hear a concert at Tchaikovsky Hall or see an opera or the ballet at the Bolshoi.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

Reviewed July 14, 2011

For a supposed many star hotel, this was a disappointment, particularly in the area of service. We were there for 3 nights. One of the days, our room was never made up. The room was very cold and we could not control the heat; we only had control of the air conditioning. They would not let us charge meals to our room and when I asked for decaf coffee, I was told a very brisk "nyet.". We've stayed in other hotels in Russia and not had as poor nor as unfriendly service. WIFI was $10 an hour or $30 a day.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank butterflyaway1
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We decided to go for Family reunion in Russia - so we fly from Canada, Hong Kong and Russia. Everything went very well until we checked in to this hotel.

The service was terrible and we got served by inexperience trainee. We booked 3 rooms for 6 people, we requested for the same floor but only 2 room were on the same floor. My room was assigned to the smoking floor I have serious allergy to cigarette. When we realized that our room was on smoking floor we contact the hotel to change it they refused at the beginning and we need to fight for it until we go the non-smoking room at 11PM. When we moved to the new room the bath tub was dirty and we asked them to fix it however they missed understand us and provided us with bath room amenities. By the time that we got all fixed was midnight.

Our agent contact the hotel and the duty manager called us to ask if we want fruit basket for compensation after midnight. I told duty manager that I want to rest and we can talk about it tomorrow morning which he will handover my case to his colleague. Unfortunately, the duty manager in the morning didn't know anything about it and I had to explain every details to him again.

The story not end yet, I received voice mail from front desk asked us to contact them for extra charge which we already gave them the credit card for any extra charge moreover we haven't check out yet.... can't they wait for our check out.

I work in the hotel before and as 5 star hotel standard, so I have knowledge about hotel service but for me this hotel is not up to 5 star standard.

But they still have some good staff, Yana - who is At Your Service agent that tried very thing to help us out. One of the concierge (I can't remember his name) who was very helpful with restaurant recommendation and booking for 2 days.

After all, We will not come back for this hotel for sure, for other Marriott hotels I will think more than twice If I ever come back to use the service from this chain.... I would rather stick to Four Season or other chain.....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BKK_11
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Dinner and a night in this beautiful hotel was my birthday present. It was a really romantic and enjoyable stay for me and my boyfriend. The food at the restaurant was good and not too expensive by Moscow standards (but keep in mind that "Moscow standards" are not cheap at all, unfortunately).
The breakfast was awesome!!! Lots of great and fresh food: fruit, vegetables, sausages, etc. After this kind of meal you will have to miss your lunch!
Our room was big and beautiful, and room service was fast. By the way, they made the best milk shake I've ever tried. The room was facing Tverskaya Street, one of major Moscow streets that leads you right to the Kremlin and Red Square. Some might say it is a noisy street but I prefer to be in the middle of the city life.
As you walk out of the hotel you have all the cool bars, restaurants and places of interest within walking distance.
The pool and gym was very decent. They have sauna too. It is sooo relaxing to have a swim after a busy day!
The staff was really helpful and efficient. I had a great weekend, thank you Mariott Grand!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Irina K
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Don't miss a trip on the Metro, its well worth it - even getting lost. Everyone is helpful, keep a map handy and go for it!!!

Room Tip: On a tour, the hotel was lovely
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank magnetrn
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed in this hotel almost every year for the last 4 years and never had any issues untill last time, when some amount of cash mysteriously dissapeared from my bag, while i was away. No one had access to my room apart from hotel staf so you can make your judgment on this. I'm nit discussing my own mistake here - yes I should have put money in the safe ... but now you know that someone there is checking what is inside your bags. Will never stay there again as hotel denied to accept their staff was involved and also did not provide any kind of appologies.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank SergeiZ
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Grand in Moscow and loved it. We had been to Moscow before and stayed at another high end hotel but felt it was over priced. We were able to use points for part of our stay. The location is awesome, right on Tverskaya Street, we felt very safe and loved walking this street. We walked straight down Tverskaya to the Kremilin and Red square many times. There were tons of restaurants in the area like Pushkin Cafe in Pushkin square and many others, we even hit Mickey D's a few times.

The hotel was classic, great lobby bar for coffee and it had one of the best chocolate cakes ever. The hotel was very comfortable, it had a very special feel.
We will come again.

Room Tip: High room courtyard, avoid street noise
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple