Arbat Hotel
$481
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$107
$126
$123
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$41
$38
$257
$243
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewspedestrian streetmetro stationred squareminute walkconvenient locationkremlinstopsacreceptionist
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed here at spring 2011 and found it was just an average hotel compared to its price. The building is situated close to a metro station (it’s about a 5-10-min walk), and only a few steps from the old Arbat street.

I booked a superior room, which was clean and very spacious, but with old looking furniture. It was a twin room with a sofa, a writing table, a chair, an armchair and a TV. There was a big wardrobe in the hall, with a fridge inside as well. The bathroom was not that spaciuos, but still okay. Towels and complimentary shampoo, soap and shower gel were provided.

There was free wifi in the bar area only, in the room you should use wired connection for an extra fee. The room was cleaned on a daily basis. I could sleep well, I didn’t experience any noise in any of the 4 nights I spent there.

Buffet breakfast was available with a quite good choice and was included in the price.

The staff seemed to be nice at first, but on the last day my colleague had a very bad experience. She wanted to pay by credit card in the hotel restaurant, but they did not want to accept it, didn’t speak in English with her, only in Russian, and even called the security because they were thinking that she didn’t want to pay. Finally she went to the reception, where she could pay by card, so it was resolved, but she would never go back to this hotel after this experience. (And I couldn’t really understand this story, because we paid by card in the same restaurant without problems on the previous day…)

Since then we visited Moscow once again, but didn’t return to this hotel, we found a better one for a better price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and me stayed at the Arbat hotel for one night in december 2011. The room was clean and large with a nice view on the street. Internet free and fast by cable in the room. Breakfast from 7.30 to 11.00 and very rich. We had also dinner at 10.00 p.m. and we ate very well: pelmeni, cheese soup and meat with potatoes. Price good if you consider that you are in the centre of Moscow.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bagheeranera
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed there for 2 nights with the best impression.
It is located at a green street transversal to Arbat Ulitsa , that is a great location indeed. The newest metro station is Smolenskaya , two medium blocks away.
I arrived there early in the morning and they immediately made the check in at a very kindly way .
My room was exactly behind the gothic-impressing-high-soviet-exquisite-heavy Foreign Ministry , one of the 7 skyscrapers of Stalin. if you have a room from 06 to 11 you will overlook this view too.
There is a beautiful garden available and so does an excellent breakfast ,which room offers a very curious ambient soundtrack that I apprecIated a lot for the originality: dance tracks.
Indeed a good way to start the day , instead of those typical romantic instrumental sounds.
I am sure it will be my choice if I come back to Moscow one day.
I accessed the wi-fi at the lobby for free.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank GIPARioDeJaneiro
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We were there for a 3 night stay in Arbat Hotel .

The location was very good , near old arbat street and near the metro station.
The Staff was very friendly at reception and they could speak english quite well which was a big help.
Also, after a 3 day stay in moscow - I had collected coins worth 250 rubles , they we kind enough to give me cash in exchange of the coins :)

The room was not that great - in fact just average and definitely not worth the money spent . Not bright enough , looked quite old ,although we read that the 5th floor was under renovation ,so probably after few months the hotel will have all the rooms refurbished.

Breakfast was good .

Would only recommend to someone after the hotel has gone through renovation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Siddshastri
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We just had a 3 night stay at the Arbat hotel. Check in was fast and courteous. Porter took bags to our room, and our passport registration was completed in 15 minutes.

Our room was a standard 1 Queen Sized bed with a portable air conditioning unit (which was great considering the heat wave going on there at the time). Had a colour TV with 1 English channel BBC. Room had a safe. Bathroom 3 piece unit - with shower only. Lots of water pressure and hot water. Overall room was functional. It felt a bit dated - but clean. No internet in our room.

Free Wi Fi in the lobby.

Breakfast was included - it was ok - it had all the basics.

Great location to Old Arbat street - and restaurants/vendors. Only minutes to Kremlin by car.

We had a travel broker involved so our rooms were $200 US /night. Posted rates much higher. Seems a bit high even with a broker - but Moscow is an expensive place - I think the 3rd most expensive city in the world - so $200 a night for a decent room and location was pretty good.

Our experience was good - would recommend Arbat Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple