“Basic Accomodation with great buffet”

Novotel Moscow Centre
Ranked #54 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed 5 nights in November. As previous reviews have stated the buffet breakfast and location near to metro are chief reasons to stay here. Rooms were basic, but clean. Bathroom was small. Checkin and out were prompt and friendly with no problems. My room faced to rear of property with no noise. Neighborhood is safe, with McDonalds, Starbucks just a couple of blocks away if that is what you need to get by. Also a small mall with a market in the same complex as the McDonalds made for handy shopping and snacks. I would stay here again if I returned to Moscow, and would recommend to others who do not require top line luxury in their choice of accomodation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Novotel Moscow Centre

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Would be very happy to return To this unexpectedly good hotel

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank BruceHunter
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Ok first this is a real review, not arranged or other.
I travel a lot, i have been in 5, 4 and 3 stars hotels.
I know the accor chain, Sofitel, Novotel and Ibis.
This is not the first Novotel where i stay, and this is definitely not the standard of this type of hotel.
First the location:
- They do not mention anywhere in his wepage but it is just next to a correctional prision (Butyrka) so you can imagine the people you will find around there, even mc donalds in the night is full of "unhappy" people.
- The entrance that you see in the pictures is not facing the main street but around a corner.
- The surroundings are dangerous, specially by night, the metro station is also crowded and with many dangerous people.

Second the rooms,
- The Tv, they still have 14" screens! they must be from the comunist era !
- They are old and not well maintened, you can watch my pics.
- The only window facing the street was opened when we arrived, if you are under 0 degrees you can imagine how cold it was when we arrived, also the window was broken or similar, we had to ask on the reception for a handle to close it! and by ourselfs!.Bad. (see our pics)
- The kettle was a mini kettle like for 1 person almost the size of the handle itself.

Third, the reception.
-There are two fellows that look like gangsters in the entrance on in each side, Now that i know that the hotel is near a prision i guess why.
-The girls on the reception, they were like without soul, serioussss.

In brief:

I do not recomend this hotel, is expensive, bad located, not in "The Center", in a dangerous area, near a prision, old hotel and sad reception.

Room Tip: I suggest you to stay in another place really near the center.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank The_Last_Inca
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Just got back from 4 nights here. A leisure trip. Went for it as a safe bet and was glad I did so. Moscow is fascinating, but hard work, and to have somewhere comfortable and occidental at the end of the day was a boon. Easy transport, literally right by the metro. Red Square in 20 minutes. Our room was comfortable, and I slept really well, which is rare for me. Staff aren't effusive, but competent. Breakfasts good,

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The main reason I picked this hotel was its central location. This was my first and last stay with them, because the internet connection was so slow, it took me 25 minutes to read three messages in my inbox. I got so frustrated that I gave up trying to access the internet for the rest of my stay (two days).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stay at this hotel fairly often and I really enjoy the combination of its fairly good location, decent service, great free internet and affordable for Moscow room rates. It is a great place for business travelers, I am staying there now and once again they have disappointed me with the room service. I have tried it before and the food quality was bad, yet I was tired from a long trip and decided to give them another chance. I had to wait around one and a half hours to get the food delivered, they had forgotten part of my order, they brought a coke but no glass and opener and to top everything the beef fillet is like a good quality chewing gum, you simply can't eat it. I recommend the place, but don't try their room service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business