“Not in airport but good value”

Holiday Inn Moscow Vinogradovo
Ranked #90 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I expected the hotel to be close to airport as Expedia wrote Moscow (Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO)).It turned out, hotel was 35 minutes drive (same that takes with Aeroexpress to center of city). Taxi drive cost 1800 rubles or 45 euros.

Although hotel wrote on it's description that has shuttle, it turned out that after booking you should call hotel and order shuttle. As I called,they said it's up to luck anyways, they might have shuttle, might not, How are you supposed to know that??

Room was quite big, complimentory water, chocolate and bath robe was nice touch. Hotel has Wifi and service is friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaanika M
Galina F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Vinogradovo, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear , Jaanika M.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced at the hotel. Unfortunately, our airport shuttle service do not have an exact schedule. During your next stay you can call us to book it or contact us via e-mail grm@himv.ru.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Moscow Vinogradovo where every member of the hotel's team will do his utmost to make your stay as much memorable as enjoyable.

Best regards,

Galina Fetisova | Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel charged us more than the confirmation and had not responded to all requests for refund. We prepaid for a three course dinner and were surprised that the third course was tea/coffee. Despite booking months in advance, they gave our family two rooms at each end of the corridor instead of adjacent to each other. Where is their consideration? The staff called me at 1am in the morning to say the shuttle I booked for 10am the following day was to be cancelled. Was this acceptable? We were told a public mini bus from the nearest metro station would drop us at the hotel. In fact the bus route was only to the bottom of the hill where the hotel was located. It took us 15 minutes to walk uphill to the hotel in freezing cold darkness and had to enter via a back alley. It took us two hours from Red Square. I wish she knew her facts. The hotel was unhelpful in finding us a car big enough for all our luggage when we checked out. In the end, part of the family took public transport. Due to the conferences that were going on, the hotel was very noisy with drunken people, this is unsuitable for young children.
The staff appeared polite in answering your questions but this hotel is really not worth the trouble. Give it a miss.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank antHongKong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Vinogradovo, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear antHongKong,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is beautiful with a lovely, professional, friendly staff. However, it is basically provincial without basic tourist amenities. There is no bell man, there is no concierge; therefore, no to little assistance with tourist concerns/questions. There is a shuttle service which runs on a schedule to city center and the nearest Metro station (no night service).

Did I mention it can take up to 1 hour or 45 minutes, respectively, for the shuttle to reach its destination due to traffic around Moscow. This makes taking a cab to and fro very expensive. It is however 15-20 minutes from the closest airport on an early or late day run. While I settled in during my 18 day visit, I would have been better served by biting the extra room cost to be closer to the center in lodging.

On the other hand, it makes a great business layover, local native get away or a great spot for someone with deep pockets for transit. I did observe that the convention and events staff really keeps the place hopping. There is a fitness room, small pool, bowling alley, and sauna. The chef is good but a bit too Western for my tourist experience. Buffet breakfast is $20 but good and reasonably priced given other hotels in Moscow.There is also a beauty salon with reasonable massage re. pricing. I did not test their expertise on my black skin or hair.

I enjoyed my stay because the staff was so accommodating to my lack of language skills ('I do not understand Russian, thank you, please, etc.) even when their English skills were not much better. Loved the people, hotel and Moscow but it is all about location, location, location.

Room Tip: Not the first or second floor as they are noisy especially given the events they host. I must add th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Vinogradovo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Phyllis G,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks on a business trip. Compared to previous stay in a different hotel, it was like night and day. Staff were friendly and could speak reasonable English. Rooms were spacious and tidy. Internet connection was wifi in room and usually good speed. Slowed down at peak times but thats normal anywhere.

Food in downstair restaurant was very good although prices were a bit high. There is an alternative buffet style upstair which I didnt use so cant comment. Breakfast was buffet style again and I think there should be something most people could eat.

The location of the hotel is a little remote. You'll need to either have a car, taxi or get a bus. The hotel has a courtesy bus which runs to the airport and the local metro station too.

I will be back in the next few weeks and will probably stay here again and will look forward to the stay.

The hotel also has a gym and swimming pool which I didnt use. There is three ten pin bowling lanes in the sports bar which was ok at around 600 rub for 3 games.

One downside was during the stay there was a few party nights on. Be warned, the hotel can be very noisy if there is a party or conference on. Take earplugs..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice a year for a dozen years. It is nicely appointed, quiet, but very isolated; so if you want to go off the property you had better have a car or you have to take a taxi (its half a kilometer just to the road and nothing to walk to for food). This hotel has been on a slow and gradual decline since I started staying there. The buffet breakfast continues to shrink in size. The food quality is generally good, except that Russians have NO idea how to cook eggs or bacon. The juices are getting pretty watered down. The ala cart food is too expensive to discuss.

There was a time when the hotel was highly populated with varioius conferences, etc. I have seen a gradual long-term decline in clients. It is sad, but the cost still remains over $300 per night with a meal included. The hotel needs a shot in the arm or I wonder if it will stay a Holiday Inn.

The high points still remain the quiet and the free van to the SVO airport. At rush hour it takes 45-60 minutes to get to the airport, off rush hour takes 25-40 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall the hotel was nice but not great.
The hotels location is NOT near the airport which a lot of reviews are saying that it is but the shuttle is very useful, saving a lot of money on Taxis. The closest hotels to the airport are Novotel and SkyPoint. I paid for B&B and every morning I was asked to pay for breakfast, even after the receptionist advised that it had been sorted out! The level of English is not good in this hotel and we struggled with the basics, the staffs knowledge of the area was not good either.
One good thing about this hotel is the food, breakfast is great and dinner was amazing. I hope this helps.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night. It was a late checking and I did not have any problem. A receptionist was polite and friendly.

The hotel is located far from all Moscow’s sightseeing, but has a wonderful walking area with a small park and lake. It was great to make a short walk after dinner or before going to bed.
The breakfast was very good with a lot of cold and hot dishes.

I stayed at a suite on the fourth floor. The suite was spacy and clean All furniture was solid and in a good condition. There were complimentary bottles of water and bar of chocolate.

The staff was friendly and spoke good English.

During my stay I visited a hotel’s bowling. Our team played on the 3rd lane (the last on the right) and a bowling system was a funky one with a lot of funny errors. Sometimes it made mistakes in counting points or saw less or more skittles. Any way it was fun to compete not only with other teams, but with a computer.

Room Tip: Try to stay far from the elevators, less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business