“Moscow Greeter...must do it!”
Review of Moscow Greeter

Moscow Greeter
Ranked #19 of 329 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tours by local guides offer visitors the opportunity to see the real Moscow! While each of these places are unique to Moscow and are on everyone's "must see" list – for a person to fall in love with the city and truly understand it, they must see it through the eyes of the person who lives here.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our Greeter Anton couldn't have done more to make our day exactly what we had hoped for. He met us promptly at our Hotel as pre arranged via a few emails only 10 days previous to our visit. He was patient, flexible when we made some last minute requests having read up an a few other places we were interested in going to. He was very attentive to all our needs and we would highly recommend anyone taking up the option of a Greeter. Very professional service from the initial contact right through to the follow up. Well done Moscow....

All reviews
"project"
"alphabet"
"bunker"

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We originally heard about the Moscow Greeter initiative from a YouTube clip from Russia Today - and glad we did! Our friendly greeter gave us a tour of Gorky Park on our first day in Moscow, and gave us loads of insight about the city and Russia as a whole. A really great way to gain first-hand knowledge of a city that can sometimes be challenging for tourists.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The help and advice I recieved before the trip was excellent, our greeter sent me a metro map and how to get to places we had asked about for independent visiting. When we met we walked round places not on the tourist map, as we had requested and had a brilliant day, at the apple festival, on the metro and trolly bus and for us most importantly talking to locals and asking many questions about life in present day Russia and of course giving them the opportunity to question us. When I asked if there was a similar service in St Petersburg, it is just being set up, I was put in touch with a friend and we had a brilliant day with her also. I will certainly use the service whenever possible.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I Stumbled upon a review about MOSCOW GREETERS on Tripadvisor and decided to look into it. Thier website was easy to manage and having a free tour in Moscow seemed worth the try. I asked for an appointment and withing a few days of my request I recieved emails from 2 greeters whom agreed to meet with me on different days. Both greeters came to my hotel to pick me up and took me everywhere I asked them to. They were both very nice, courteous and patient. One of the greeters gave me a tour of the metro Stations and explained the History of the art and time. The other greeter took me all around Moscow to help me find some things I needed plus toured the outside of the Kremlin with us. I totally recommend MOSCOW GREETERS. Not only did I get a free tour, but I was able to see and hear more about the local customs and issues. It was a nice expierence.