“super tasty”

Khachapuri
Ranked #64 of 14,970 Restaurants in Moscow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: “Khachapuri” is a city café with Georgian food, it is the café with food free of any complications and banalities of national symbols. Here you would find neither plastic imitations of grapes on the walls, nor bundles of garlic hanging of the ceiling, nor a thick menu draped in leather with thousands of meals, nor the Tiflis style stone stairs. But you will always find fresh food, parties with lots of fun, hospitable hosts and mountains of delicious food.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we found this place after a friend of mine looked up where the hipsters hang out in moscow-i'm not kidding! hahaha! we were really happy with the service and everything was very tasty. I don't know much about Georgian food but we liked it so much we ended up coming back again and bringing more friends. i think i went to a different location than the one on Ukrainsky Boulevard but there was a jazz pianist the first night and the vibe was casual and trendy.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a real fan of Georgian food. It grieves my enormously that there as so few Georgian restaurants in the UK. Georgian food is very distinctive as are their wines - grapes originated here and there are grape varieties in Georgia that you do not find elsewhere.
Khatchapuri, the restaurant, is named after the absolutely delicious cheesy bread dish of the same name. The restaurant is located in a side steet off Tverskaya street not far from the Kremlin. You can see the sign from the main street.
We went for lunch. We found the staff very friendly and very helpful - unusual in Moscow where service is often brusque. It is unpretentious. It is not expensive. We had, of course, katchipuri and a dish made of red beans - I forget the name. Both were so mouth watering delicious. Katchipuri is untrue. It is to die for.
My goodness,. if we only had Katchepuri in the UK, I'd be there every second day. If you are in Moscow do not dare miss out on a lunch here. I would go every second day given half a chance.

1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food is excellent, service was great, and the atmosphere is that of an artsy cafe.
There are English menus and the waitstaff spoke enough English to make it easy to ask for recommendations. The Khachapuri, Georgian pizza, is wonderful. But all the food we ordered, mushroom dumplings, lamb, beef, and roasted vegetable kabobs were all great.

1  Thank ectraveller12
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good prices for Moscow, food is tasty, though I don't think it's necessarily better than other good Georgian places in Moscow. Probably what distinguishes it most is that the service and atmosphere are casual and pleasant, which unfortunately is a rarity in Moscow. I think there are better places though, for a more authentic Georgian experience. This is more Georgian food meets Moscow meets western ambiance. Note this is now a chain essentially, with several across Moscow.

1  Thank Russianoligarch
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Read about this restaurant in Tripadvisor and cannot agree more with the fantastic reviews! The food is delicious, "house" wine (Chilean) not bad too and all reasonably priced. Ok, only the temperature was extremely high but this is a problem with most of Russian places in winter I guess. There was a guy playing the piano, he made the atmosphere magical. I approached him when it seemed that it had finished and asked him if he could play something on request. He could only speak some French, so I thought he could know Yann Tiersen. He did in fact and played a mix of 2 songs by Amelie! It was indeed the last performance of the night, the few people left gave him a big clap, bravo Mikhail! I simply loved this place, will definitely go back during my next visit in MOS.

2  Thank fijitime71