“Solid Tex Mex in Moscow”
Review of Casa Agave

Casa Agave
Ranked #6,093 of 13,721 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Square & Kitay-gorod
Moscow, Russia
“Solid Tex Mex in Moscow”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am a native Texan who now lives in Moscow. When I moved here, I had very little hope of finding even passable Mexican food. We have taken to making our own salsa and chili from scratch, which is fine. But sometimes you want to be able to go out for that kind of stuff. We stumbled across Cafe Agave and found it to be more than solid. It doesn't rank with my very best Tex Mex experiences, but I have certainly had far worse in Austin and San Antonio (and at very famous local chains too). The guacamole was excellent--the correct texture, good flavor, not like the avocado mush that often gets served even in well-known Tex Mex chains. My three cheese quesadillas came loaded with grilled onions and peppers, and the Spanish rice tasted exactly like it was supposed to. The only complaint we really had was the margaritas, which tasted like slightly alcoholic lemonade. Oh, and the prices. I'm afraid this place is quite expensive for what you get, but as a once-in-a-while treat, it's great.

Our waiter was great, very attentive. He brought us extra chips when asked. And unlike most Moscow waiters, he checked on us regularly and was easy to find when needed. At least some of the staff here speak a bit of English.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Dubai
“Jekyll and Hyde”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I visited Casa Agave twice. The first time - food was excellent, and drinks were served quickly with a friendly and knowledgeable waiter. Also the live music and dancing was good fun. My second visit was dismal - drinks served slowly, food arriving cold - I had to send back a burrito 3 times as it was ice cold in the centre, (maybe they are pre-preparing food and freezing), and one of the surliest waitresses I have ever come across - and that's saying something considering I visit Russia frequently!
I'd say make sure you are seated in the main room, so staff don't neglect you and try to pre book.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burrito de Res”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The place looks awesome, and the dishes are almost very good.
I got a Margarita and it was good as well, some friends told me to go there and I went there with no regrets.
On friday and saturday night they have like mexican party, and they are also cool.
So no problems to choose some good mexican food and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Dorset
“Good place”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very nice place with very good food ,live music was excellent and contributed to a great atmosphere .would highly recommend visiting hereif you want a fun night

• Visited June 2013
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Avoid!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

At first, we were pleased with this restaurant, the atmosphere and food were good. But when we asked for the bill, the waiter at first said we couldn't pay buy card (which was clearly contrary to the information displayed on the door), then wanted to take our card out of sight to make payment, then tried to avoid giving us the 50% discount offered on that night. It was obvious where the other 50% was going to go.

• Visited April 2013