“best lunches”

Cuisines: European, Japanese, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Patriarch Ponds
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is one of my favourite cafes. I often go there for lunch (till 4 pm) and I highly recommend it. They have a variety of lunch sets and it's possible to have a substantial dinner for 300 rubles. Portions are good.
Tip: if you want to have lunch, you'd better ask the waiter right on entering whether they have lunches, because some cafes do not serve them.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a large chain in Moscow. They are everywhere. I have been to two, one on New Arbat and one near my home. Got bad service in both.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had lunch at Shokoladnitsa in Ostozenka street. It was a set for 279 RR (about 10 USD with a tip). The set consisted of red bean soup, pancakes with vegetable/meat filling, green tea. The soup was too thin and salty, I commented on it to the waitress and she said it's because the soup had bacon in it. Anyway it was not to my liking. The pancakes (blini) were superb! Hot, soft, plenty of filling: red peppers, meat, cream. It made my day! The tea came in a small white tea pot, accompanies by a strainer, white cup. I looked inside the pot - not a bag with suffocated tea dust, but perfect quality leaves, which produced exquisite aroma, moreover on the receipt I found the exact brand/name of the tea. By the way all cutlery came wrapped in napkins. The public was mostly young girls and men. Service was quick, one can pay by a credit card and a mobile terminal was brought to my table. If not for the soup it would have been excellent but still it was good enough.

Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice coffe shop with wi fi , stopped to warm up with a hot chocolate & a coffee nice and friendly service.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

With them having multiplied in geometrical progression around Moscow in the last couple of years, it's not hard to find them. They do have a breakfast menu and business lunches offers, which are worth mentioning.
This chain of restaurans goes back to 1964 when the original Shokoladnitsa was located near metro Oktyabrskaya, and since that time was famous for their crepes. And there are delicious to this day with a wide variety of fillings. I only ever eat the crepes "Shokoladnitsa" becuase the souce that go with them are to die for!
I can't say that I have any favourites in the regular menu, as they always have seasonal offers, that always sound more interesting to me.
Also must mention, that in all of the ones that I've been in, not a single one had it's own kitchen - so all the meals are prepared beforehand and then reheated upon serving. Wich is OK with desserts, but bugs me when choosing a salad.
I'm a coffee snob, so my demands for a cup are unreasonably high. But it's OK here. If you go for the flavoured concoctions, like banana-caramel latte, they come unreasonable sweet (which is somehow a tendency for all Moscow restaurants) and you might ask to leave the sugar syrup out and add it later to your taste.