“Wonderful place and friendly staff”
Review of Delicatessen

Delicatessen
Ranked #99 of 13,624 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Bar, European, Central European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: One of the World's 50 Best Bars, best bar in Moscow and legendary food.
“Wonderful place and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

So glad to have found this place. (And keep in mind that it is a bit hard to find, since it is tucked inside a courtyard and there are no signs on the street. You have to go through the arch that's by the Coffee Haus into the building's courtyard).
Delicatessen is a pleasant escape from what seems to be the increasingly franchise-dominated dining scene in Moscow. (See Coffee Haus). Everyone in our group really enjoyed their food, which was inventive and very we'll done. I also loved the chalkboard wine menu and their homemade nastoika.

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Favorite bar/restaurant in Moscow”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stumbling upon Delicatessen is one of the best things that happened to me in my 4 months in Moscow. Not only is the food excellent, but the drinks are also phenomenal. The skilled bartenders know how to make a wide variety of drinks, from classic cocktails to creative mixtures unique to the bar. The servers were all friendly and let me order in Russian despite the fact that, as I found out during my second visit, their level of English proficiency was very high. At least one of the owners of the place (There are four) always seems to be there and is usually working in some capacity, either at the bar, as a server, or as the chef, which I think elevates the atmosphere and results in higher quality service overall.

Next time I go to Moscow, I'm making a Beeline for Delicatessen.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A real surprise”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Visited based on recommendation. Found a table for us despite not having booked. Great quirky interior and convivial atmosphere. Food did not disappoint and in keeping with surroundings. 3rd trip to Moscow and this by far the best restaurant I've visited.

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Cosy and cool”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A great cocktail bar, with a good selection of beers, some cider and a nice choice of wine by the glass.

It also does food, but I only sampled the burger. It was really tasty and juicy, but tiny!

It is not so easy to locate - they even have a sign above the door "Thank you for finding us"!

One warning - it is quite smoky. But is does have a cool and inviting decor; Delicatessen is the kind of place that you could linger in for hours.

I shall definitely return.

• Visited February 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Please don't go here!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Please don't go here, because the place is getting too popular! The cocktails are GREAT, the food is unique and wonderful, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

I've been here enough times to notice that most tables are booked for dinner which leaves me to plan my next visit.

• Visited January 2014