“Do they really know what is a good steak?”
Review of Goodbeef

Goodbeef
Ranked #1,139 of 13,809 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: American, European, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Square & Kitay-gorod
San Diego, California
“Do they really know what is a good steak?”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant in August 2013. First of all, this is a "Cafe", not a "Restaurant", so one should not expect superior service or decor. I was lured in by the promises of good steak at reasonable price. This Cafe is located not far from Red Square, but not in a crowded place, so during midday there weren't many customers. Menu selections are limited, it is essentially centered around three types of steaks. I choose "Filet Mignon", expecting their best. To my surprise, they offer exactly two levels of doneness - "Well done" and "Undercooked". All right, I went with "Undercooked" - it turned out about American "Medium" level, which was fine. What I didn't understand is how long it took to prepare our steaks. Considering number of customers at the moment, the cook should have been on break or something.

After our steaks arrived, they were in three thin pieces of meat - not one big, as I have expected. And first of these three was great, I would admit it. Unfortunately, the other two pieces were barely chewable, I would never guessed them to be Filet Mignon at all.

Overall, I was totally disappointed by this place. The way they have organized their menu, they could have served steaks as fast food - but actually, they were slower than an old-fashioned restaurant. And considering quality of steaks - I don't think I will be going there ever again, sorry.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alex_54321

Göteborg, Sverige
“nice staff, good food and good at russian dishes”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A Restaurant with interior which differs from the other restaurants in Moscow, probably more Australian. Looks a bit like a fast food-restaurant inside, but the food is better than that. Even though the restaurant is Australian it is very good at serving Russian dishes such as beetroot soup. The food was here served fast, unlike other restaurants in Moscow. One knew good English, but there was no problem ordering from the other ones anyways. "Business lunch" there gives you very good value for you money.

• Visited July 2013