“For those inimaginatively truly rich”
Review of Semifreddo

Semifreddo
Ranked #601 of 13,713 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Khamovniki
Moscow, Russia
“For those inimaginatively truly rich”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is good, if 200-300 euro per person does not leave you wondering that you've been offered a bad deal.

Wine list is extensive and ranges from several thousand euros to 120. By the glass, wine is around 25 euro.

Food is of good quality, but not exceptional.

Half of the restaurant is a covered veranda and gives you this feeling that you are in a tent, but an expensive one. The roof has stains from leakage. No pizzas.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MaxV_96

Bakersfield, California, United States
“The worst service in my ENTIRE life”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I got here 6:55. My order for wine and appetizer was taken 7:05. Wine was here 7:10. At 7:50 I had to ask where my appetizer where? 5 minutes later it arrived mind you in was a cheese plate. I was pissed but when I tasted and saw the cheese plate I was like hmm ok. So I waited till 8:25 and finally asked for the manager. He came and I explained how my wine guy has been to my table 3 times to refill my wine but the person who took my order hasnt been here in 1:20 to even check on me. He said he was sorry and said they were busy. There was 3 tables filled thats it. Nobody eats early like me. So I said bring my check please. When he did the waiter who I hadnt seen in over a hour came along. He said I thought you would wave to me if you wanted me. WHAT THE? Isnt this suppose to be a 5 star place. I have NEVER walked out of a place until tonight. The worst service I have ever had EVER. If you speak only English skip this place they are rude and not at all concerned about the customer. Well except the wine guy but when a bottle is $300 I think they try to get you to drink and buy more.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank Tommy L
Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of top three Italian restaurant in Moscow...and my favorite one!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have been visiting to Semifredo since opening about ten years ago. One of the most important thing that it has not spoiled since time like it often happens with trendy places in Moscow. I had more than 60-80 visits to the restaurant : with partners from all over the Europe, with family, with friends. Alway best food quality and fantastic wine list ( I am a wine lover too).
If you want some special meat you can choose from "Semiramis " menu - contains the best from one of the famous restaurant in Moscow ( now closed).
Try also degustation menu from Nino(especially if you are not living in Moscow) - takes about two ours , but it worse it.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank YUK777
Moscow
“Best Italian restaurant in Moscow”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

While Moscow has several great Italian restaurants, I believe Semifreddo has that little bit more which really sets it above the others and, for me, it is the best Italian restaurant in Moscow. Owned and managed by Nino Graziano (2 Michelin star for his Sicilian restaurant outside Palermo - Il Mulizzano), you can really feel the touch of the chef when you arrive at Semifreddo. This sets it apart from too many Moscow restaurants which are run unpersonally by some "managers" with employed chefs reproducing faultlessly some standardised recipes.

The decor is nice, with a strong contrats between the dark wood of the inside room and the airy feel of the well heated (this is Moscow after all!) veranda.

The food is wonderful, with menus that change during the course of the year while retaining some well loved favourites: baby calmars and artichokes panfried with coarse salt, octopus carpaccio with pistachios, spaghetti with lobster and zucchini, grilled chop of veal etc. etc. The Sicilian degustation menu, if you have a bit of time and you are sufficiently hungry, is also fascinating and includes many of Nino's signature dishes. In season, if you are lucky, you may see Nino carving a giant fresh tuna fish for his guests and you can order what will likely be your best ever tuna carpaccio.

One of my friends who is an expert in Italian wines and constantly travels all over Europe (including to Italy) once told me that the wine list was the best and most extensive (and also probably the most expensive - again, this is Moscow after all!) he had ever seen, with amazing vertical collections of some of the most iconic Italian wines.

A few words about the service: friendly, professional but not obsequious. Also very good with young children (not that frequent in Moscow) and happy to accommodate any special request from the guests.

Regarding the location, while it is slightly outside the center, it is quite easily accessible by car (and has valet parking).

Finally, prices. Well... this is Moscow after all and do not expect all this to come out cheap but the quality is there. Count between 80 (without wine) and 200 Euro (with a "reasonable" wine).

I have been going there regularly for many years, truly love the place and warmly recommend it.

• Visited January 2012