“The Odd Flat”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Odd Flat”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We wanted to see something unusual in Moscow, and our guide suggested us to go there.
You have to go upstairs without elevator, but it was worth to do it. Inside there are many odd exhibits, if you are familiar with this novel of Bulgakov, everything will be interesting for you, if not, still you will be curious to see and even touch something.
There was a phone which you pick up and can listen to talking of Begemot cat.
My kids were happy to talk on the phone. They were happier to see REAL black cat walking around in the room and posing for photos. That was awesome!

Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Not bad”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Its not a bad museum, very small and not so great if you don't speak Russian although they do supply you with an English guide kinda thing (folder with some information).
The staff were very nice and made the experience more enjoyable.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RoddersGlobetrotter
New York City, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A Bulgakovian experience for non-Russian speakers”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a fan of museums, historic homes of great men and Russian literature, a visit to the Bulgakov House-Museum was high on my itinerary. Perhaps higher than it should have been. The primary redeeming factor of the entire experience was that my short visit was felt like somthing Bulgakov himself would have written.
First, the museum is somewhat difficult to find, hidden off the main street in a large apartment block with limited Russian signage. Upon finding the museum, a lanky security guard who appeared much as I envision Koroviev does, stopped me at the door explaining in very serious tones something of great importance. As I do not speak Russian, I smiled politely but could give not other response. Eventually, I was ushered upstairs, past a ticket desk and into a cafe where I was allowed to sit, but not allowed to order. Twenty minutes later, several other groups began wandering through the house, so I joined them. All signage is in Russian and, being the house of a writer, most artifacts are text. Without being able to read anything, the museum can be viewed in 5 minutes, at which point I realized I probably needed to pay something for being there. Returning to the hallway, I found all the previously-open doors shut to me, with some type of hilarious conference convened behind them. Having had enough, I fled.
I'm glad I went and to be sure if I could have understood what was going on it would have been fascinating. However, there are few resources for non-Russian speakers (admittedly my own fault) which limits the appeal.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Justin S
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Magic place”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Here you can order an excursion, drink tea, take a tram (or bus) tour (on some mystical places)), that tours can be held at night )), and of course you can buy Bulgakov's books.

So the place is worth of visiting.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Maria_Kyiv_Guide
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Strongly recomended for Bulgakov lovers!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Magic atmosphere, real furnishing, and there is a cafe in the building, offering a wide range of russian tea. At the entrance is the statue of Koroviev and Azazelo, quite the same as in the book.

Visited December 2012