“Don't miss this”

$32.16*
Alternative Moscow: 2 Hour Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 265 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Owner description: We're top-rated tour company in Moscow, based on your TripAdvisor reviews! DAILY group tours. There's no any other daily tours in Moscow! Totally FREE 2-hour city-tour and great paid tours! Great routes which cover must-see places off the beaten track! Great guides with overwhelming personality, full of energy and creativity! MOREOVER: Always best prices in Moscow No prepayment No cancellation fees 100% satisfaction guarantee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't miss this”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arriving in Moscow in rush hour was a little disorienting not to mention intimidating given the sheer size of the place. I surfed the net to plan my next step and found this tou and I'm very glad I did. I booked it and within 45 minutes I had negotiated the metro and found my way to the meeting point.

I should say at this stage that as a general rule I avoid organised tours like the plague. As a young(ish) man with a bit of a sense of adventure, I usually like to discover a new city on my own by trial and error. Above all, I'm not a fan of exploring a new place in the company of a lot of middle-aged American tourists (absolutely no disrespect meant to those falling into that category) since I find it a rather safe and sanitised way to see a new place.

Any doubts I had on this score vanished when we were met by our guide, Irina. She is quite simply one of the best guides I have encountered anywhere. Her genuine enthusiasm for her city was infectious. She was clealry very knowledgeable but she managed to convey the information in a manner which was engaging and often very funny. Above all, I was extremely impressed with the way in which she often related Russia's complex and often tragic history to people living today, herself included. For instance, she explained on a number of occasions the ways in which her parents' attitudes to various aspects of life under Soviet rule differ from her own perspective. Such an insight was, for me, the precise opposite of the formal, stilted generic tour-guide routine which one sees the world over and which is why I have hitherto avoided such tours.

Perhaps most importantly, Irina's charming personality and her obvious enjoyment of her job means that the weary new arrival to Moscow is met with a friendly face in a city in which the people can take a little bit longer to crack.

The tour of Mosow itself can best be described as 'whistle stop' and it is all the better for it. By taking in a wide sweep of the sights on offer, the tour enables people to prioritise their remaining time in Moscow according to their particular tastes, whether it be the history of the Romanovs, WWII or life under Soviet rule.

I unhesitatingly recommend this tour which will be an invaluable jumping off point for anyone visiting Moscow for the first time, not least those who arrive bleary-eyed and shell-shocked in the middle of the morning rush hour.

1 Thank Gentlemanoftheroad

• Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun, informative and invaluable tour.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We took the free walking tour with Airat.
He was an excellent guide who was full of enthusiasm and information.
Moscow can be hard to navigate for English speakers and this tour and guide made everything accessable.

We also took the Moscow night tour the same day which was truly an experience! Looking at buildings and streets that we would have just walked past if we were on our own.

The next day we took the Communist tour which again gave us information about the recent history of Moscow and Russia. Again, taking us to monuments and othet interesting sights which are indecipherable if you don't read Russian.

The tours should be top of your list to get you around the city.

Arlon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great tour with Irina on 6th June 2013! Very enthousiatic guide, who shared a lot with us and with great humour! We loved to listen to her stories, jokes and legends! We highly recommend this Moscow Free Tour!
Aude & Arnaud (Belgium)

Cambridge, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Who says you get what you pay for?”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Even though we'd already been in Moscow a few days, this was a great way to see the city center. The tour was completely free, but lasted three hours, and took us by St. Basil's, the old English Mission, changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and many other attractions. Our guide spoke excellent English, was knowledgeable, and had a great sent of humor. Her upbeat approach nevertheless showed a wry appreciation for the occasional challnges of Moscow life was a an appreciated change from the frequent officiousness we've encountered in our visit here.

We would definitely have taken the Kremlin tour had it not been closed in advance of the Independence Day holiday. This is by no means a solicited endorsement, but any first or second time Moscow visitor who passes this up is missing out!

1 Thank BarnettGC
Tenerife, Spain
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“So enthusiastic!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Our guide really loves her job and she does it well. We were a larger group, but she went at a great pace and kept everyone together.

1 Thank Roadie218