“great tours with a great guide”
Review of Moscow Free Tour

$33.57*
Communist Moscow: Evening Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 292 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Owner description: We're top-rated tour company in Moscow, based on your TripAdvisor reviews! DAILY group tours. There's no any other daily tours in Moscow! Totally FREE 2-hour city-tour and great paid tours! Great routes which cover must-see places off the beaten track! Great guides with overwhelming personality, full of energy and creativity! MOREOVER: Always best prices in Moscow No prepayment No cancellation fees 100% satisfaction guarantee
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Despite the snow and cold weather, I had a great time with Irina, our guide on the free tour. She's very knowledgeable, interesting and professional, and I learnt a lot from her guiding and stories on Moscow and Russia. In between the serious stuff, she lightens the mood with funny jokes that give you a good sense of reality as well. The walk was done at an easy pace for me, and Irina brought us indoors at times to warm up, so overall it was a nice and comfortable walk. I was so pleased with the free tour that I signed up for the Communist tour later that day.

My second tour with Irina was a private one since I was the only participant that day, so for me it was even better than the free tour! It was a beautiful walk through town with Irina showing me the various sites connected to the history of the Soviet Union. I was especially delighted with the hidden gems around Moscow that I would not have found on my own and did not expect to be related to the history of the nation.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day for me with 2 tours with Irina, and I definitely recommend other visitors to Moscow to try out their tours (at least go for the free one then you can decide if you would like the paid ones!). I would gladly join the other paid tours when I return to Moscow.

1  Thank HT_kang
Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Despite the cold & snow, Irina was there on the dot ready for the free tour (exception of the voluntary tip) with despite only 3 people joining. She was informative, open to talking about all parts of Moscow and Russian life and showed us the main sights from Kitay-Gorad to the Kremlin as well as some little jokes and tips thrown in.
Tour was of a good length (about 3 hours) with not an excessive amount of walking.

Thanks Irina!

1  Thank FlyingDutchMark
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stumbled upon Moscow Free Tours from reviews from fellow Tripadvisors. I booked the free tour online prior to my arrival in Moscow, very easy website to use. Irina was our tour guide. Irina was very energetic and passionate about her city and it showed as she show us around the city. The tour was in January in freezing cold weather, but Irina kept us going with her energy and knowledge. The tour was about 2 hours and Irina has much knowledge and facts about the sites of Moscow, and many jokes too!! The breaks we took were well timed and gave us the right amount of rest to continue. I enjoyed the tour so much that I decided to sign up for 2 paid tours as well, The Kremlin and The Metro tours, these are great tours with Irina.

1  Thank ZebraCrossing1
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Never fear, ye crazy souls who dare to go to Russia in the dead of winter, Airat and other guides are still here! We booked the free tour and the communist tour and wished we had more time in Moscow for the other tours too. Airat spoke perfect English, was personable and knowledgeable about all the sites, as well as urban legends and old jokes you won't hear anywhere else. You can ask him questions about Russian life too. Even though it was winter, we were never cold, as we would duck inside stores at night or churches during the day. The tour was the highlight of our amazing trip to Russia. I recommend bringing a big tip; you'll want to give a big one! Also, we heard they are starting tours in St Petersburg in a week!

1  Thank nakiko-nyanko
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked onto the free walking tour and the kremlin tour.

The free tour was great and encompassed many of the main sites in Moscow. The meeting place was easy to find. The guide was really friendly and very knowledgeable of all things moscow and further afield.

The kremlin tour was also fantastic. It told us so much more about the buildings and the sites than the guide books.

The company offer a Laod more tours which we would have booked onto if we had more time in Moscow.
I can't recomend these guys enough.

1  Thank Gwynswift