Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Moscow Private Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Moscow
from $35.50
from $179.00
from $485.00
Moscow CityPass
12 Reviews
from $56.53
1,096 results
All reviews walking tour day tour traditional lunch kremlin tour great tour vodka tasting red square hotel lobby russian history kremlin grounds sergiev posad perfect guide great sense of humor spoke very good english informative tour private guide main sights
Reviewed June 29, 2016

This company and its sister company St Pete's Private Tours really are the best for my taste in terms of tour quality and planning convenience. As I mentioned in my St Pete's review, we were in Russia for 12 days and did other tours with 3 other highly rated companies as well. They're all good but I think this one is slightly better in overall quality.

Special mention for the Moscow leg of our trip goes to Svetlana Sidelyova. We wish we could tour the world with Dina Kasakevich from St Pete's and Svetlana from Moscow. She is very, very interesting and also really gets that it's not just what information a tour guide includes, it's also in what the guide decides to leave out. And just as important, it's how a guide delivers the information that ultimately makes a huge difference. Svetlana is super easy to understand and delivers fascinating factoids and anecdotes. She exudes an enviable easy, competence that makes all of this seem easy for her. She's also extremely interesting and fun to spend a day with. We all really enjoyed talking to her about Russian life and her travels to Brazil, hobbies, her thoughts on eating smart animals, etc. At the end of our tour we rode tandem bicycles to the beach and had a raucous game of beach volleyball while wearing our newly purchased fur hats.

Olga also deserves special mention. Along with being so friendly, wow, she is so highly cultured and smart and is really enthusiastic about Russia, Moscow, the sights, and art, theater, music, and literature. She inspired me to start challenging myself to learn different things like art and read books like Master and Margarita. Her enthusiasm for Russian culture is infectious.

These guides at St Pete's Private Tours and Moscow Private tours have really redefined what my definition of a tour guide is. They are fountains of knowledge, historians, teachers, companions, friends, and inspirations. They are some of the best and most interesting people I have ever met. I'm totally serious in saying I wished they lived closer so we could all hang out. They are the best ambassadors for Russia the country could hope to have. We left Russia with an enormous appreciation of the rich history, the culture, the modern and historical life of Russians. Wow. Just wow.

1  Thank Lawrence L
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I took the walking tour and the Kremlin add-on while in town for business. Galena and Daria were great and I feel I not only got to see Moscow's highlights, I learned a lot about the people and culture.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

We had a great private tour of Sergiev Posad, a small city outside of Moscow. Our guide met us a our Moscow hotel and took us via subway and train to this really neat town a little over an hour from Moscow by a faster-than-normal (although not really high-speed) train. We had another expert private guide there show us the monastery and cathedrals. Our main guide, Kate, was really great, and helped us understand a lot of the historical and modern context, and also went out of her way to show us some other things while in transit.

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

I had the walking tour with Zhanna today and it was absolutely fantastic. she was very knowledgeable and a great guide. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone!

Reviewed June 25, 2016

My wife and I are frequent travellers mostly taking private tours of both long and short duration.We undertook two day tours whilst in Moscow for a fairly limited two day visit.
In each case we booked tours with Moscow Private Tours. The guides provided for each tour were outstanding...intelligent, thoughtful, flexible, very knowledgeable, and spoke very good english. We learned so much while also enjoying ourselves immensely.
Moscow private tours is world class and surely the best in Moscow...a tour company we highly recommend if intending to visit Moscow

Date of experience: May 2016