“We did two days of tours- I wish we had done 3! Svetlana was an excellent guide!!!”

Moscow Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 342 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best private tours in Moscow since 2011. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian!
Reviewed October 30, 2015

On the first day- we did the Moscow Must Sees Tour- with SVETLANA- she was EXCELLENT- we walked a lot which we loved and she told us so much about everything about Moscow and Russia. We had a lot of good discussions with her. My three teenagers also really enjoyed her explanations and the time just flew by. Svetlana was a lot of fun and she also gave us some great restaurant advice. Svetlana also gave us other advice for Moscow. I had decided to only do two days of touring- the second day we did the full Kremlin Tour. Our tour guide was not as enthusiastic but we still learned a lot. I am glad we went in the Kremlin. We did not have great weather that day and fortunately we were inside most of the day. There is a lot inside the KREMLIN but I can say this is not for younger kids. It is too much detail. My kids had learned a lot of Russian history in school and we were in awe of everything inside the Armory. I wish we had done the driving tour as well- we would have liked to have seen more of Moscow!

Date of experience: October 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"perfect guide"
"great sense of humor"
in 11 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"informative tour"
in 11 reviews
"private guide"
in 15 reviews
"main sights"

Reviewed October 25, 2015

Two tours were arranged -a walking tour and a driving tour- both of the guides were exceptionally professional and friendly and provided a well rounded dialogue of the places we visited . The weather was inclement but this was managed well . good opportunities for quality photos as well as answers to many off the cuff questions I put to them.

Reviewed October 23, 2015

We took three tours with the Moscow Day Tours team and each guide was brilliant - knowledgeable, witty, forthright, engaging and solicitous. Really could not have asked for better. Thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank dougm519
Reviewed October 20, 2015

We were met in our hotel by the lovely Kate, who proved to be very knowledgeable and spoke very good English. She took us to the main sights around Red Square and showed us the metro, which is fascinating, and our route to meet up with our friends later in the day.
The highlight of the tour was the lunch. We went to a quirky Russian restaurant and had some very good traditional food. Even the horseradish vodka was good!
All in all, very good value for money.

Date of experience: August 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2015

I had City Tour in Aug 2015. I always wanted to go to Russia and it has been so many years and finally went there. My guide was SVETLANA. Tour was myself and my friend who recently moved to Moscow with her husband and their 1.5 year child only 2 weeks before I got there. My friend didn't have chance to look around the city so she joined me with a child. SVETLANA was super kind to kid and still did great job touring around. It was like I went to look around the city with my friend. I felt it was very comfortable, caring and relaxing and she had very professional knowledge about the city. I think Moscow is very expensive city so I felt that tour cost was very expensive but I enjoyed so much so no regret there. :) Thank you SVETLANA. :)

Date of experience: August 2015