“Outstanding Back to Back Historical Information”

Moscow Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 342 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best private tours in Moscow since 2011. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian!
Reviewed August 20, 2015

I booked the “Moscow Must See’s (Private Walking Tour)” over the internet. My tour guide, Olga, was simply amazing, very very informative and educational. Olga presented the individual tour sites with such enthusiasm, demonstrating the history of the sites with back to back historical information and cross referencing this information with global references from around the world.

For me the best part of my tour was the explanation and history of Tverskaya Street, (known as Gorky Street). In particular how the Mayor’s Office building and other buildings, were simply raised up and moved on huge sliding type skates to enable the street to be widened to what we see today.

The highlight of the tour was to watch the Kremlin “Changing of The Guards” ceremony at the Eternal Flame of the burial place of the Unknown Soldier in Alexander Gardens. To witness the ceremony made the hairs on the back of my neck rise, my guide gave me the historical significance and explained why the Changing of The Guard is performed.

I can recommend this Tour to ALL who visit Moscow.

Date of experience: August 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"perfect guide"
"great sense of humor"
in 11 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"informative tour"
in 11 reviews
"private guide"
in 15 reviews
"main sights"

Reviewed August 18, 2015

I had over 16hrs of layover in Moscow and wanted to take advantage of it. I looked at various tour bus options and they all started at 10am earliest which would not give me enough time to see Moscow and make it back in time for my flight. I found Moscow Provate Day Tours who said they could start at 8am. Kate was an AMAZING tour guide. She was punctual, very friendly, finished on time and knew Moscow inside out like nobody's business. She went above and beyond to describing buildings, artifacts, locations, historical facts, stories from the past, transformation to the current stages, I could go on and on. She was extremely knowledgeable about the what, why, how & when of Moscow. You could tell that this was an individual who not only had a passion for what she does but also loves the city ever so dearly. I loved Moscow, thanks to Kate, and my experience there. This was my 4th city in Europe during my trip. And the only city I wish to be back and se emore of thanks to Kate.HIghly recommend!

1  Thank 814bjm
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Our family of three spent three and a half days in Moscow recently. We were in two minds about doing all the sightseeing on our own or through a travel company. Having read all the reviews about Moscow Tours we contacted them and WOW! What a service we received from the word Go! They were professional to the core. Their guides Sirine and Nadia were wonderful. What I liked best about them is the fact that they do not charge for tour cancellation. We had to cancel one of our tours two hours before the start time which was 8:30 a.m. But I woke up feeling very unwell and our five year old son was a little unwell too. So with much hesitation I called our guide for the day Zhana to cancel the trip and considering that I woke her up to make a cancellation she was just too polite and understanding. I would recommend Moscow Private Tours to everybody visiting Moscow.

3  Thank Sangeeta L
Reviewed August 16, 2015

This company provided a guide with excellent Englishand excellent local knowledge. This was combined with a passion for Moscow and Russia. Could' not have been better.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank calatrava
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Professionalizm at its highest level would best depict the agency
Moscow Private Tours. In August 2015 our family was to spend one day and a half in Moscow. Looking for an organized driving trip due to the size of the city and our lack of time seemed to be a smart idea, although we usually explore cities on our own. The agency, our guide Julia and our driver did their best: internet communication accurate, easy, trustful and efficient, van in excellent condition - clean, air-conditioned, equiped with WiFi and cold bottled water, driver really nice, our guide Julia fluent in English, extremelly knowledgeable and helpful. Not only she answered to all our questions, she perfectly managed to get to our three teenage boys. Julia, you made our stay in Moscow a very special one. I strongly recommend Julia and the agency.

2  Thank Martina S