“1st day Moscow Tour review”

Moscow Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 342 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best private tours in Moscow since 2011. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian!
Reviewed June 23, 2015

A wonderful way to see Moscow - Sirine was not only a very knowledgable guide but she gave us an insight into life for everyday Russians in the 21st century which was fascinating for a first time visitor. We tried Pirozhi at a small bakery and enjoyed lunch at a restaurant specialising in traditional Russian food.
I recommend inside the Kremlin as an extra to the day - here Valeria proved to us why the guide accreditation is so rigorous. Both of our guides were delightful company, and I would recommend the trip.

1  Thank 593AngelaF593
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"perfect guide"
"great sense of humor"
in 11 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"informative tour"
in 11 reviews
"private guide"
in 15 reviews
"main sights"

Reviewed June 13, 2015

It is a very good tour in Moscow to visit the main points just in a couple hours. Olga, my guide, is very knowledgable about the city and about its history. Many many history in every single city corner. I would recommend this tour four my friends!

1  Thank bbiaggi
Reviewed June 11, 2015

Excellent way to gain some quick knowledge about the city and see some of the more famous sites. I really enjoyed my one-on-one interaction with Katarina (guide) who was extremely knowledgeable about the city, well prepared with historical photos, and eager to customize the trip to meet my interests. She took a great interest in making the experience enjoyable and it was easy to see the passion she took in her city. I was particularly interested in learning about culture and gaining a historical perspective on the city/country and Katarina did a fantastic job of providing all of the information. Highly recommended to all!!

Reviewed June 9, 2015

I have just completed my third tour with Moscow Private Tours. Day one tour, day two tour and day three tour with Metro, Eliseevsky shop, USSR Park, Izmaylovo Kremlin, Flea Market and vodka museum. Kate and Svettlana were our guides. Both were fun and informative. It was very easy to move about the city with just a guide and we used the Metro (most efficient way to get about Moscow). It is a great value due the the personal attention and the ability to move quickly about the city. I could not have seen and done as much without them. The tours also left us enough time to stroll on our own.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2015

We booked 3 tours with Moscow Private Tours. The first day standard walking tour was very good, covered a lot of ground and provided a useful introduction to Moscow and Russian history. Our guide, Maria, was knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions easily - obviously a result of her history degree! Her English was excellent and we found her to be friendly and efficient.
We took the standard driving tour on the second day, and this started well, but unfortunately the car broke down at Victory Park. But we can't fault Maria's response - we were refunded half of the transport component of the tour, and then took the subway. Because of this, we actually got to see more of the wonderful Moscow subway system and its very impressive stations, so we were quite happy!
On the third day, we took the Kremlin and Armoury tour with Alexander, and this was disappointing and poor value. The price was exorbitant for what you get - we paid around $350 for what turned out to be a 2 hr 20 minutes tour in the Kremlin itself. While Alexander was very knowledgeable and his tour of the Armoury was excellent, we simply cannot understand why it was so expensive. Alexander suggested that we should also visit the Diamond Room where the crown jewels are held (a further 500 roubles each), but this could not be done during our tour. And although we had quite a bit of time left of our allotted tour time, we only entered one church in the grounds.
It would have been good if we'd been offered our entry tickets at the end of the tour so we could stay longer and go and visit other sites within the Kremlin on our own. We had mentioned to Alexander a restaurant we wanted to visit after the tour, and he looked up the location for us (which was very helpful), but we would have put that off if we'd been able to stay longer in the Kremlin grounds.
With the price of this tour (and recognising that Kremlin guides are probably more expensive because of specialist training and government rules), we simply cannot recommend it as reasonable value (particularly as there are audio guides available ata the Armoury entrance, in a variety of languages).

6  Thank SissaH
SlavaMoscow, Owner at Moscow Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2015

Dear Noel & Melissa,
Firstly, I’d like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Russia.

Secondly, I really regret that we did not meet your expectations in certain points and that you rated us only 3 starts out of 5 on TripAdvisor.

Going through your review, I understood that the main complaint was the high price for the Kremlin Tour.

We acknowledge the fact that the fee for the tour is high, but we also have to state that this is influenced by the the Kremlin rules and tour rates for the official private guiding, which are high themselves.

Another thing that is disappointing is that although you say, you had 2 good tours and 1 average, the overall rate is average.

Again, I absolutely agree with you that this tour is unfortunately overpriced, but also looking forward to your understanding after the above explanation.

We thank you again for your feedback, as customer reviews are an important part of our development.