“Utsje Karasjo Kate”

Moscow Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 331 Tours in Moscow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best private tours in Moscow since 2011. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

In this way, we want to say sorry to kate.
During the tour, which she could not have done better, we did expose her to a overload of bad humour. We admire her for the imperturbability with which she dealt with us.
She must be the most humourfull guide in the whole Oblast region.
Sometimes she made us look a little stupid, but we can handle that ;)

By the way ... She knows everything about Moscow. Which was also nice :)

Greetings from your Actemium Friends

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 11 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 19 reviews
"spoke very good english"
in 12 reviews
in 9 reviews
"informative tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

Our guide was Elena. She was very knowledgable and showed us around the kremlin and the armoury. Anna, the administrator had promised also that Lenin's tomb would be included but it was actually closed.
Payment was made easy with a deposit online and the remaining in cash.
We would use Moscow tour again.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Moscow Private Tours assigned to our group 'Yulduz' as our guide. Unfortunately on the morning of the tour, one of our party was ill and as a result we were late to the meeting point; Yulduz had been waiting sometime in the hotel reception and had attempted to contact me by phone and even managed to find and call our room. When I finally made it to the reception, half expecting not to see our guide, she was still waiting with a smile and was very understanding, she even offered to rearrange the tour to the next day, but I elected to continue without my friend. As a result, Yulduz altered the tour to suit my requests even fitting in a visit to the pharmacy and purchasing medicine for my friend along with translating the instructions.

I can honestly say I had the best day I can remember in any city (and I have been to a few) all thanks to Yulduz.

From the outset the tour was very professional and the tour guide friendly, informative and was keen to ensure a good time in Moscow was had. My only regret is that I did not book Moscow Private Tours for the whole of our stay.

I cannot praise Yulduz or Moscow Private Tours highly enough and will definitely book again next time we visit Moscow. I would also add that Anna (she pops up when you visit their website) was also very helpful and assisted me with the questions I had before we left England.

Thank you guys, top team!

Reviewed November 27, 2014

I did the "1st Day in Moscow" tour this past weekend with Kate. I had never done a private tour before, always having relied upon materials I read before a trip, taking group tours, or upon whatever knowledge I had acquired in the past; but, upon suggestion from a family member who took a tour with Kate two months ago, I decided to give this a try. I certainly was not disappointed. Kate is very knowledgeable - I learned a great deal, more than what I would've read and definitely easier to retain having listened to her descriptions. The whole tour was interesting and the tour itinerary is designed so that there are few gaps where there isn't something noteworthy to discuss. It was also great to just ask Kate about her experiences growing up and living in Russia. She's friendly and open and easy to talk to. Her English is great too. I definitely recommend signing up for a tour with her.

One final note about taking this tour in the winter...I wouldn't be deterred by seeing a 5 hour tour and thinking that's too long in the cold. While there are stretches of time where we were outside for a while, there were stops where we warmed up (ex. Metro stations, GUM, Lenin mausoleum, tea break). Of course, you should still dress accordingly to the temperatures.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 18, 2014

I was reluctant to schedule a tour about which I knew nothing, however I noticed the agency had great reviews. So I booked my first tour "1st day in Moscow" and met Maria, my tour guide. She was knowledgeable, amicable, courteous and answered every question. She also got to know me and based on her observations, she recommended restaurants and other activities. I was so impressed that I booked two additional tours in Moscow. Now I'm getting ready to go to St. Petersburg and scheduled yet another tour with this agency. If you want to learn and enjoy the city, book your tours with moscowprivatetours.com and ask for Maria. I know every time I think of this trip, she will come to mind.