“Perfect for a tourist willing to feel what was good about SU”
Review of Pavilion

Pavilion
Ranked #1,641 of 13,633 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: European, Russian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Patriarch Ponds
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect for a tourist willing to feel what was good about SU”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Perfect kitchen, great location.
Waitresses in starched aprons, stylized interior and music and a very-very good food!
I couldn't even imagine a better place to feel that Old Moscow.

• Visited January 2012

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great quality - high prices”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I used to live in Moscow for four years, just 100 m away from the Patriarch's Pond. So I have been to the Pavillon a few times. I love their tuna tartar as a starter, the best one I ever had in Moscow. Overall, this is one of my favourite places in Moscow, but clearly one of those places which are better if somebody else picks up the bill :)

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Niklas A
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice place”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good food, cosy atmosphere, very expensive. But a place to have gone to at least once.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Loverly4u2
New York City, New York
“I picked the wrong dish, but the place is worth going to, I think”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Pavilion is set in a park like area overlooking a small lake. The setting is quite nice and relaxing. I stumbled upon the Pavilion quite by accident and was glad for it, as it is quite a well known place. I stopped in to have something very light, as I was going to have a late lunch at Scandinavia (see my review), and didn’t want to ruin my appetite. But nonetheless, I can report that their menu is quite extensive with many hardcore traditional Russian dishes. It was my intention to return, but I didn’t get a chance.
I had piroshky, which is a mixed meat kind of ‘mini patti’ and okroshka soup with doctoral sausage (boiled) The piroshky were quite delicious, while the soup was not at all to my liking, although I can say that it was prepared well. Hey, you’re not always going to like things you try in different counties, but you can still tell when something is at least prepared well.

My recommendation would be to check this place out for dinner, as the menu is really expansive and the outdoor setting is quite nice.

• Visited July 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Set in a really swish part of town, this charming eatery by the lake in a little park called Patriarshy Prudy (Патриаршие пруды) serves a great menu and yummy drinks. The entire neighbourhood is up-market, with some groovy cafes, bars and restaurants nearby. But I really enjoyed my choices from the Russian menu, partly for the lovely outdoor setting and partly for the modern edge to traditional cuisine. Not much English spoken here, but more than most of Moscow! Price range is not cheap, but not crazy, about $40 per head with drinks.

• Visited August 2011