“great hotel to stay in Moscow”

InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel
Ranked #13 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
London, United Kingdom
“great hotel to stay in Moscow”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

One of the newest hotels in the centre of Moscow. The room as well as the bathroom is very nice: clean, stylish, comfortable. The breakfasts are really good with a great variety and if you want something prepared off the menu staff are generally very accommodating and will make it for you. All staff are very friendly and helpful. The only disadvantages are 1) the hotel does not have a pool but if you have time do check out the spa treatments. 2) the rooms are rather pricey but in line with all other hotels in Moscow and are cheaper than if you were to stay at the Hyatt. Overall would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
JuliaPetrenko, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear “EugeniaRo”,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel and for posting your feedback here on tripadvisor.com.
Please keep us informed about your stays with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Moscow.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my third time staying at this hotel, and I have to say that it t has finally won me over. My first visit was in December 2011 and in my review I've noted the great potential of the hotel, but not everything was working properly. I've also visited the hotel last summer and was a bit disappointed by the service . However, on my third visit, last week, everything seemed to be working perfectly.
Location is one of the best for visiting Moscow as majority of sites are in a walking distance and the new exciting downtown pedestrian area is being formed just few blocks down the road. Importantly three major subway lines cross just next to the hotel. Rooms (I was staying in a junior suite) are quite large, cozy, and well equipped (separate living area and bedroom, lots of storage, three TV sets and ipod dock), with large functional bathrooms (japanese washlet toilette seat, bathtub, shower and even TV set above bathtub).
Due to time difference, never managed to get early enough for breakfast, so cannot comment on that, but there are plenty of dining options of all kinds around the hotel. However, I've used room service several times and it was quite good and quick.
What I've got to use quite a lot is a wonderful SPA, with beautiful facilities and amazing therapists. Really enjoyed it a lot.
I've really had a wonderful time at this hotel and can only recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
JuliaPetrenko, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear “dBogda”,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your feedback after your recent stay with us.
We appreciate the time you have spent to share that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular hotel facilities and the service.
Thank you again for your comments here – it was great to have you staying with us. Thanks to your help, we were chosen as the Traveller's Choice Winner 2013! "Luxury", "Top Service" and "Best Hotel" awarded.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Problems with neighbours room. Screaming kids at 1am in the morning.
Night staff didn't appear to want to do much about it.

Club lounge good.
Worth pay the upgrade charge if not included.

Difficulty in getting Taxi from the bell captain but don't think it's Hotel, its just Moscow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dkkeeling
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Dkkeeling,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry that you didn’t find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with noise and the service you received. Rest assured that we will take your comments under consideration so they will help us become the best hotel we can be. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Check in staff very good, spoke good English! Upgraded to club for 1/2 price although should have been free as 2 Royal Ambassadors in group.

1st night, very noisy neighbours between 12-4 in the morning, kid screaming! Would suggest they had early flit and didn't want go to sleep so everyone had to stay awake. 4-5 calls during period to get sorted but only time anything was done was first call and still continued! Spoke to manager, Polina, next day offered to move us to suite room but as only came for RWC 7s we only used rooms to sleep in! Instead given free club for duration stay! Good resolution but here responses about why nothing was done at time was not! 'Because its a child' really wasn't a good enough reason to do nothing.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OliverK6
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear OliverK6,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a very luxurious hotel on a great location for sightseeing Moscow. There are some really good restaurants nearby, I highly recommend Pushkin restaurant that is few hundred meters from the hotel.
It is one of the best hotels I’ve ever been. Everything is of highest standard and everything looks and feels very expensive there. We had a seminar there and it was organized without a smallest mistake.
The rooms are almost perfect, I stayed in superior room on eleventh floor and it was just great. When I woke up in a morning the view on Moscow was really great. Although the street below was very busy one I could not here a sound in the room. There was even a yellow plastic duck on a bath tub, I didn’t get why, but it made me smile... The only thing I just didn’t like the fact I could not open a window, but that is just me. The mini bar was free of charge. It was very hot 33 C and I had to drink a lot of water.
The game with Internet speed is never quite clear with me, they charge for higher speeds. But it is still the story in all hotels I go. I really don’t expect to be charged for fast Internet these days.
The breakfasts were perfect with freshly squeezed juices and all other 5 star foods and lunches were even better with a lot of different meals.
The service is also very good (5 stars) in the hotel. Once, I asked a guy to show me direction for some conference room and he literally walked me 50 meters to the room. I was positively surprised.
I highly recommend this hotel for rich business people visiting Moscow…

Room Tip: Go high :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Djole66
Dear “Djole 66”,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya and for posting your feedback here on tripadvisor.com. We were of course very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that our colleagues looked after you well. The whole team is working very hard to deliver an impressive level of service and I am pretty proud of what they are doing.
I am happy that you liked our little 'gimmick' in the bathroom - the duck is meant to be a little unexpected surprise in a five star hotel that should make our guests smile - and it seems that it works!
Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback. Thanks to your help we were chosen as the Traveller's Choice Winner 2013! "Luxury", "Top Service" and "Best Hotel" awarded.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located close to all major attractions,subway and restaurants.
Reception staff speaks excellent english were very helpful warm and friendly.
Room was nice and tidy
Breakfast buffet was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear “MANOJ T”,

Thanks to your help we were chosen as the Traveller's Choice Winner 2013! "Luxury", "Top Service" and "Best Hotel" awarded. Please keep us informed about your stays with us and we will keep moving from good to great.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Moscow.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is situated at the top of a hill a little way from Red Square and about two mins from the tube station. Prior to arrival hotel helped with obtaining the visa , this was very efficient also. Very pleasant check in with good English speaking staff. Offered the club facilities for half price, although as two Royal Ambasadors we should in our opinion have been given anyway. One room had soaking carpet which took couple of requests to get sorted. One room had very noisy neighbours which to be fair hotel have almost sorted ! Bell boys fight a losing battle with the local taxis so be warned if you want to go anywhere get the hotel to sort for you in plenty of time before you want to leave.
Club lounge clean tidy pleasant staff, hotel accommodating on all
That was asked
Couldn't really want much more !
Lift not as clean as it should've been !

• Stayed June 2013