“Amazing”

Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Square & Kitay-gorod
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Russian Cuisine. Amazing food & ambiance. Very extensive choice of menu and beverage options. Good prices.

2  Thank timenwt

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Old Tower restaurant located in the red square looks very touristic but surprisingly the food was excellent and the diners were locals. The restaurant looks like a movie set but the food was typical russian and the service was very good, the advises of the waiter were very helpfull. The restaurant is great too bad it looks like a tourists trap.

3  Thank tami176
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice place with a nice view and offer. Too expensive for the quality. The comunication with the staff is not easy. They only tell you that you have to pay 10% ontop of the bill (service tax) when you go to pay. That information is not written in any place. If you make questions about that they turn a kind of rude... I will not come back.

1  Thank Dinis68
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to eat in this restaurant because It was just right by Red Square and it seem so beautiful. I looked outside and they had some specials (note that in Moscow prices are ridiculously high)
I went in and a nice lady took me to the top floor and walked me to the table. She left and a man came to give me the menu. I briefly skimmed through it and asked him for the special dishes ( those cheap ones I saw downstairs) He replied with an attitude that he didn't speak English. I read the menu back and forth trying to find something good, affordable and traditional. I set for a mushroom salad kind of thing ( I think) He came up to me to take my order,(All exclamations signs are necessary)

-I would like to order this please. ( I pointed to the dish )
-Just that?! ( with a tone and an attitude)
-Yes, just that- I replied.
-and for drink.?!
-water please- I drink water every where I go. I like water.
-at least you will ask for sparkling water?! ( with an attitude and extreme rudeness)
-No just natural water (My last answer was with and attitude back and a sarcastic tone, there just so much rudeness you can take after all)

He came back with my dish which by the way tasted horrible.

I left the place without leaving and tip and in a hurry because I really thought I was going to be beaten up on my way down.

DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS PLACE.

3  Thank Alfredo L
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This a place that you can find traditional foods.It is average as a price , quality of food , quality of service and ambiante too...Because it is very close to the red square , it can be an option to eat , but be sure that it is not the best....!

1  Thank Gokhan A