“Full of learning for me as a fan of excellence in Service”

Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel
Ranked #46 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Tehran, Iran
“Full of learning for me as a fan of excellence in Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Radisson blu in Moscow because of three reasons: 1. excellent breakfast 2. modern interior design and 3. decoy effect!!! my last stay in Park Inn Hotel in St Petersburg which was way below my expectation. During my stay, I talked to the sales director and, to me, they were truly into service and caring industry.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mehdi B
nadia_markova, Manager at Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Mehdi B!

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Radisson Blu Belorusskaya!. We look forward to your next stay.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is really nice - best parts - design of the room (one of the best examples I saw in hotels) and breakfast - huge variety of food and attentive stuff. Other services on a hig level. Double check on price calculation - I think I was told prices first without VAT so wasn't a great discovery I should add smth on top. Stay away from the restaurant - again, prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Breath777!

Amsterdam
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Although the location of the hotel is a bit far from the main attractions, for me it is excellent. It's only 40 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes to the office. Opposite the hotel is a casino, Golden Palace. I read that this is sometimes noisy, but having a business class room on the 17th floor, you don't hear a thing.
The room is spacious with enough closet space for a business traveller. The room has a Nespresso machine and when I arrived two bottles of water (these were only replenished after two days). The bed is very comfortable with plenty of pillows and good lighting if you want to read.
Prices of the minibar are very expensive, just like everything else in the hotel. As this is my first visit to Moscow i don't know if this is the same in all hotels.
In the lobby of the hotel you'll find an ATM machine which is really convenient. It accepts all major cards.
All considered I had a very pleasant stay and will return to this hotel.

Stayed March 2013
Dear Dellb0y!

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Radisson Blu Belorusskaya.
We look forward to your next stay.

Hallevik, Sweden
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very convenient situated with easy access to the red square. Just a few stations with the metro.
The hotel was lovely and the rooms where decorated differently. Mine was in turquoise, black and silver. Very modern and definitely to my liking. The beds lovely and the bedding was nice with thick sheets. Good pillows. The breakfast was great with a lot of things to choose between, we tried the restaurant in the evening as well, the food was delicious.
The staff very friendly and always smiling and that is not common I Russia.
I can definitely recommend this hotel, even though it was a bit pricy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Birgit B
nadia_markova, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Pelerina!

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Kindest regards,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Be prepared that the actuate rates you will asked to pay on checkout will differ from those you anticipated when booking the hotel. The explanation: we have variable rates, depending on the day of the week and the number of guests. Isn't it smart? The staff is not really competent. Don't stay there if there is a choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
andrew_sakin, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear newsbee,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback here with the Tripadvisor-Community
I was sorry to see that your impression of us was somewhat 'destroyed' by a flawed interaction with our team. Responding to guest requests competently is one of the cornerstones of our approach to service and I am sorry to see that this did not work in this particular case - especially when an explanation of our rate policy would have been necessary
Being an industry that is highly influenced by supply-demand factor and market conditions, our rates indeed vary from day of the week. If your rate includes breakfast it will vary depending on number of people staying in the room. This is the case with all International Hotel brands in Moscow.
Rate information is clearly communicated to customers on our website as well as though other booking channels. Depending on the booking source used, all our customers receive personal confirmation letter with rates and Terms & Conditions.
In case that room is booked at Front Desk, upon check-in guest is asked to sign a registration form where rate details are again specified.

I apologize that the explanation you received from our team was not competent enough to clarify the rate policies.
Rest assured that your comment has been documented and will certainly be looked into.
We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I hope you will visit us again and give us the chance to show you that we do deserve your five star rating!

Kind Regards,
Tatiana Loginova
Director of Sales
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let me explain my rating.

I choose the Radisson Blue after positive experience in London for example and for it good perceived value at the time of booking.
Upon entering the hotel and later the room my impression was good. The disaster started in the night, and the real disaster was next morning.

There night problem have to do with the overheating of the hotel and the guests inability to control it. Even when the radiator was down to 0 the room never went to a comfortable 15 digress. But somehow you cope with that.

But the next morning stepping on the tiles and every stop is splosh, splosh. Upon further investigation I realized that water has floated underneath the tiles and the old moldy foul water popped up, and even if you tried to avoid it, under the shower the old water mixed around you feed with the old water. I just I don't have mushrooms growing in a few days.

Don't bother to go to check in and explain the problem. The answer is, we are aware of it, and will repair the hotel floor by floor. Indicating they don't have a different room or assuming you enjoy being in these circumstances. Discussing, to say the least.

And if those circumstances wouldn't exist the value of the bar and restaurant service is questionable as in price/performance. A decent glass of wine 750 rubbles? Really ~25$. I can almost drink a Mutton Rothschild for that. A mediocre Main course 1300 to 1600 rubbles so 50 or more dollars. Yes right, if the food would have been top notch. Was the food bad, no but just OK as in Pizzeria food. The Pizza Dow was actually not nice, probably not made correctly and definitely not cooked crispy.

So buyer beware, the initial "good deal" will be fully made up with the extra charges if you use bar and restaurant.

Heat prevents you from deep sleep, and you may come home with a illness.

Even "free" wouldn't be a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Axel T
andrew_sakin, Manager at Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent experience with us. Due to the situation which you encountered, which is not reflective of Radisson Blu standards our General Manager shall make personal contact with you.

Best regards,
Andrew Sakin
Rooms Division Manager
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed for three nights in this hotel and I had an excellent stay. The room is not big, but has a nice chair. The bathroom has a bath and a rainshower. Pressure of the water could be better, but this is nittpicking. The breakfast buffet has a big choice and the staff is friendly. A friendly face in the morning does help. You don't get a tiny plate or glasses. Just a normal size glass. So if you need to go Moscow I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business