“Inexpensive and authentic” 4 of 5 bubbles

VietCafe
Ranked #578 of 13,474 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tverskaya
Moscow
“Inexpensive and authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

A chain of inexpensive Vietnamese restaurants with good quality food and big portions.
The interior is simple, which I guess allows them to keep reasonable prices.
Sometimes overcrowded and the service can be slow.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Roman_Affair

Moscow
“One of our favourite places in Moscow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant is ideally placed in the city center, few steps away from main streets, shops, theatres, but in a quiet sidestreet. It is underground, no windows, but atmosphere is relaxing and cosy. We always enjoy their live-music evenings, and Thai soup Tom-Yam is probably the best to be found in Moscow :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank koxen
Canada/Russia
“Can't go wrong with the business lunch menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff are always pleasant and welcoming. Food is good. The business lunch menu is a great value. That is why I go at least once a month.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank KittyCanada/Russia
Budapest
“Good value Asian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a chain with seveeral restaurants around the city. Food is decent and of good value. Cocktails are also nice.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank adria33
Fremont, California
“Nice atmosphere and friendly staff, but the food gave me projectile vomiting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The staff was friendly, helped me how to use their WiFi (though my Android phone never got connected) and explained to me the menu items. The interior furniture and decoration were nice, especially it was a few days before Christmas and nicely decorated. I ordered fruit tea and pan-fried seafood noodles. The fruit tea was slightly sweet and very tasty. The noodles tasted more like Indonesian or Chinese chow mein in thick source, and the seafood tasted like they came from either can or frozen mix.
2 hours later, I started feeling ill, then projectile vomiting started, followed by hours of diarrhea. I know it was caused by the food I ate here, because I hadn't eaten anything else for 24 hours before then, and the vomit & diarrhea smelled like the food I ate here. I regret I ate here, or to be more precisely, I regret I ate the seafood noodles here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BorisCheby
elenagl, Public Relations Manager at VietCafe, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Boris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are very sorry your visit to the restaurant had ended up so badly. Please accept our sincere apologies. Can you please tell us which restaurant exactly you've visited so we can follow up and make sure it doesn't happen again. Please let us know your contact details (an e-mail or phone number) so we can get in touch.

Elena Glinskaya