“This place is worth visiting”
Review of Ragout - CLOSED

Ragout
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Presnensky
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and myself spent a Saturday night dinner in Ragout. The atmosphere recalls european style accompanied by short menu list and polite service. I found extremely tasty my salad with avocado, salmon and potatoes as well as roasted duck with puree of corn. The prices are not cheap, we've paid 3000 rub for 2 persons incl soft drinks. We left with good impressions both about the place and the quality and presentation of the food.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went tonight with 3 co-workers. Food was delicious, affordable and inventive. Wait staff was very accommodating, setting was comfortable and wine list was affordable.

Moscow is incredibly expensive. Our hotel charges $30 for a glass of wine. That same amount was the price for a lovely starter and dinner at Ragout. Add two bottles of Italian wine, desserts, etc., and the price for 4 was 5500 Rubles - less than $200.

Run, don't walk! Really surprisingly great food and service - unpretentious, not stuffy, casual - delicious meal in Moscow.

1  Thank sfwood
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have used both the Olimpic Avenue, 16, b.5 and the Bolshaya Gruzinskaya location so my comments apply to both. Generally, everything I have ever tried here has been very good. The warm seafood salad is one of my favorites, I have it almost every time I am here. They have a small menu but the waiters know it well and adapt to modest changes if you ask, and do so with good cheer, unusual in Moscow. There are English menus, with every item spelled correctly.

When I am in Moscow I tend to eat at ragout, one or the other, twice a week or more.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Three weeks on I can remember that we greatly enjoyed our first meal in Moscow at Ragout, but I can't remember what we ate - except that my wife had a very good risotto, which is always a stiff test for a kitchen. The price also seemed quite reasonable for an expensive city. So very good, but not memorable enough to be excellent.

1  Thank WardenRon
Reviewed May 26, 2013

went for a relaxing evening with friends to this restaurant (they have now 2 units). the quality of meat is quite good, service quite efficient and atmosphere quite relaxed. a nice place for an evening with friends.